Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Monochrome Work > Monochrome Film

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 25th April 2020, 03:08 PM
Friend

Default Slide Mounting

Any tips for 35mm slide mounting?
Old 25th April 2020, 03:27 PM
Friend

Hi,

Can't help with the mounting tips, and do not wish to hijack your thread, but could I ask, how did you get on with the Foma Reversal kit ? Did you use their reversal film etc ? Is it easy etc.

Been thinking about getting the kit and the film for quite a while, so your opinion would be greatly appreciated

(mod's please remove if this breaks any rules)

Ian
Old 25th April 2020, 04:03 PM
Friend

I used touse GeePee slide mounts and a GeePee slide mounting press, which made it very easy, IIRC you put the grey in the slide mount press, put the slide on the mount, put the second part which was white, on top ans pressed the handle and job done, thinking about it it was white part first, GEPE slide mounts are still around and I would think the dlide press, or something like it, should still around,
Good luck and keep safe
Richard
Old 25th April 2020, 05:17 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CambsIan View Post
Hi,

Can't help with the mounting tips, and do not wish to hijack your thread, but could I ask, how did you get on with the Foma Reversal kit ? Did you use their reversal film etc ? Is it easy etc.

Been thinking about getting the kit and the film for quite a while, so your opinion would be greatly appreciated

(mod's please remove if this breaks any rules)

Ian
It seems to have done the job really well, should be able to see better tomorrow. I am hoping to use it on some cine 8mm at some point
Old 25th April 2020, 05:18 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Gould View Post
I used touse GeePee slide mounts and a GeePee slide mounting press, which made it very easy, IIRC you put the grey in the slide mount press, put the slide on the mount, put the second part which was white, on top ans pressed the handle and job done, thinking about it it was white part first, GEPE slide mounts are still around and I would think the dlide press, or something like it, should still around,
Good luck and keep safe
Richard

Any tips for doing it by hand with no press?

Thanks
David
Old 25th April 2020, 06:29 PM
Friend

Wear gloves, If you have a lightbox use it, put the bottom piece of the mount on the light box, use tweezer's to handle the slide, put the top part on the carefully squeeze the 2 parts together, or if you can get some cardboard mounts it is very much easier, again if you can ise a light box, allign the slide on the bottom half ofthe mount, then carefully fold the top down and as the mount's come with sticky on one side then carefully stick the 3 parts together, although more fiddly I would always prefer the plastic mounts,
Good luck and stay safe
Richard
Old 26th April 2020, 10:35 AM
Friend

I haven't mounted slides since the 1980's so hardly in best practice.
GePe plastic mounts, puffer air brush, and sadly if I was doing it now I'd probably want these:
https://www.cesdeals.com/product/hea...SABEgLgNfD_BwE

Cutting really neatly along the frame edges, especially on frames with dark margins, would test my eyesight these days.
Old 26th April 2020, 01:02 PM
Friend

Well managed to get them mounted using Gepe glassless slides. Considering I lost half of the developer when processing them which made the second development a challenge most have come out really well. I will be shooting some more and using the foma kit again when time allows.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies