Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 28th April 2020, 07:55 PM
Friend

Default Funny things when out and about

When I was out walking on Sunday on an old disused railway line there was a side path and at the top of the path was a sign "Defibrilator" with an arrow pointing of to the left. The only place off to the left was a cemetery. Perhaps it was a bit late to use.
Old 29th April 2020, 11:56 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by John King View Post
When I was out walking on Sunday on an old disused railway line there was a side path and at the top of the path was a sign "Defibrilator" with an arrow pointing of to the left. The only place off to the left was a cemetery. Perhaps it was a bit late to use.
Worth a photograph!
Old 29th April 2020, 05:00 PM
Friend

Default Defibrilator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Archer View Post
Worth a photograph!
Got one I will post later.
Old 29th April 2020, 06:52 PM
Friend

Default Defibrilator

The cemetary is visible in the distance beyond the path I leads nowhere else. Near the white tree trunk there are the grave stones.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG241.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	885.5 KB
ID:	3723  
Old 29th April 2020, 07:39 PM
Friend

If this was another forum then I feel by now someone would be speculating whether the wooden fence signals private property and the barbed wire carries 132,000 volts diverted from the National grid pylon to keep trespassers out. In some countries private property is sacrosanct and its protection gives owners a lot of leeway. The defibrillator might be the recommendation of the "lawyers" to keep the electrified barbed wire legal

John, if you follow the sign do you get to a box with the defibrillator?

It is one of these almost quirky things in terms of the thinking behind its position that would drive me to try and find out its origins

Might have to wait until the Corona crisis is over but someone who looks after records at the local council might be able to shed light on it?

Mike
Old 29th April 2020, 07:45 PM
Friend

Default Defibrilator

No I didn't bother, however it is a genuine sign erected by the council. There is one in my village and another about half a mile from where this on is on the edge of the shopping area.
As I said there is nothing beyond the path apart from the entrance to the cemetary
Old 29th April 2020, 11:16 PM
Friend

John, I can't now get out of my head the scene in the film "Hot Shots" a spoof of Top Gun in which Charlie Sheen acting nonchalantly to impress a woman naval doctor walks into a high voltage room by mistake and realising his mistake tries to get out immediately and you see his skeleton silhouetted in the intense light against the doors He survives of course. No animals or humans were harmed during the making of this film as they always say

Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies