Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Workshop News

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 19th February 2010, 04:13 PM
Friend

Default Vision and Technique Workshop

Michael A. Smith and Paula Chamlee will conduct one of their Vision and technique Workshops in London June 11-12. Only a few places remain. Full details are here:

http://www.michaelandpaula.com/mp/calendar.html

Although we work in large format, and the field and darkroom demonstrations are with large format, the workshop is not format specific. All formats are welcome.

Among the many comments we have received about our workshops are these:

“… thanks to you both for having me at your wonderful workshop. There are events that occur in one’s life that you consider a milestone for growth for who you are or become. I can honestly say that your workshop is one of my milestone events.”

“I truly enjoyed your workshop. The experience expanded my perspective and I have not felt this level of excitement since I started in photography. The best workshop of the dozen that I have attended.”

Thank you for making the workshop such an unforgettable experience. I'll likely never look at a photograph or my ground glass the same way again. From reading various posts on the Internet, I figured I knew what Paula was going to do under the darkcloth looking at the ground glass, but she opened up a whole new world during that 30 minute session. I couldn't be more excited!"

Based on the experience of past attendees, we can virtually guarantee a rewarding experience at our workshops.

Between them, Michael A. Smith's and Paula Chamlee's photographs have been collected by over 140 museums worldwide (including the V&A in London) and between them they have 11 monographs with more on the way in 2010. More information about Michael and Paula is here: http://www.michaelandpaula.com
Old 20th February 2010, 12:27 PM
Friend

Default Change of Venue for Vision and Technique Workshop

We have had difficulty finding a place in London to hold the workshop. Ian Leake, who took this same workshop in Tuscany a couple of years ago, has offered us use of his facilities in Worcester, and so we will be holding this workshop there.

You may contact Ian for a reference.

Sorry for any confusion with the multiple postings.

Michael A. Smith
Old 26th May 2010, 08:11 PM
Friend

There are still a few places on Michael and Paula's Vision and Technique UK workshop in June. I'm very pleased to say that we've arranged permission to do the fieldwork inside Worcester Cathedral. The Cathedral was founded in 680 AD, is on its third tower (the first two fell down but the current one has now stood for over 600 years), and it underwent a major restoration from 1854-75. The cathedral is a stunning location to work in.

I attended one of Michael and Paula’s workshops a few years ago, and I have to say that it was the best and most useful workshop I have ever attended. I highly recommend it.

The workshop will start at 7pm on Friday 11th June and finish on Sunday afternoon. It will be at my home in Worcester, England. You can find out more about the workshop activities on Michael and Paula's website, here.

Please contact me, Michale or Paula if you’d like more information.
Old 24th June 2010, 06:13 AM
Friend

Anyone prepared to provide some feedback on this workshop? I was hoping to attend but sadly couldn't.
"To the attentive eye, each moment of the year has its own beauty, and in the same field, it beholds, every hour, a picture which was never seen before, and which will never be seen again" Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Timespresent
Arenaphotographers
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies