Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Feedback and forum matters

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 13th November 2012, 12:11 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Stehlik View Post
is there anything that could be done with the configuration of the FADU gallery - what I mean: I add the same scan of a my photograph to flickr and FADU. On flickr I get quite a close version to the scanned image. In FADU gallery, I get a unsharp image, far off the original...

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
I think it depends on the pixel dimension of the image you upload. If it exceeds the system limits then you have to clcik on image to see full size version which should look OK. But the version shown before clicking on it has been resized from upload and doesn't look too good.

But if the pixel dimensions are at or below the system limits when you upload it, resizing doesn't happen and it will look as good as what you uploaded.

I know the mods implemented some code to improve things with early version of fadu but don't know if that was/is replicated when fadu moved web host. Perhaps not.

Last edited by Argentum; 13th November 2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old 6th March 2013, 05:16 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
In an attempt to make the Albums more visible I have added a link to them right after the link to the Gallery on the main forum list page.

Cheers, Bob.
Thanks Bob, it's a fine, small change! Now when I open the FADU site my first move is to go to the 'Film and Darkroom User' page, which is not the 'FADU Home Page' but one level above (what is that called?). There in a glance yoy see all new photos posted - in the galleries and albums.

Can I move a photo I posted in 'Discussion gallery' to my album or can only admins/moderats do that?
Peter
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies