Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Feedback and forum matters

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 4th March 2014, 11:48 AM
Friend

I feel the same.
It's a pleasure not only to get really great advice from your peers, but to be able to get your own opinions and experience out there without someone coming back at you all guns blazing saying what an idiot you are.
I know there's a lot of overseas members, but really, don't you think it is all very British
Old 8th March 2014, 10:43 AM
Friend

I agree with you Phil but I'll not elaborate for fear of sparking an international incident.
Old 8th March 2014, 12:38 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyNL View Post
It's so unique it's the only forum I actively take part in.
Same here
Old 11th March 2014, 11:00 AM
Friend

What are the criteria for inclusion in the New Posts section? I have just stumbled across two posts - very informative - that never appeared in that section. How do the moderators moderate?
Old 11th March 2014, 12:13 PM
Friend

I've once or twice hit "Mark Forums Read" prematurely and inadvertently scrubbed some new posts. Apart from that, I've not noticed missed posts.
Old 11th March 2014, 04:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOReynolds View Post
What are the criteria for inclusion in the New Posts section? I have just stumbled across two posts - very informative - that never appeared in that section. How do the moderators moderate?
Clicking on new posts will display a list of unread posts since your last visit to fadu, and will include any posts unread from your previous visits.

No posts are 'pre-moderated' here. Posts would only be moderated if the post broke fadu rules.
Old 11th March 2014, 05:19 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
I agree with you Phil but I'll not elaborate for fear of sparking an international incident.
Certainly the only forum I always go to, a great place to be,
Richard
Old 11th March 2014, 10:36 PM
Administrator

If you do accidentally hit the "Mark Forums Read" button (done it dozens of times myself...) there is an option on the Quick Links menu to list the last 24 hour's posts (and the last 7 day's).

If you are always logged-in then your unread posts are stored in the forum database so should be pretty accurate. If you read the forum while not logged-in then it will try to use cookies to figure out who you are. Cookies can get corrupted and may be deleted at various times depending on your browser settings.

The only time I can think of where a post may be made and you not see it is if it is a new member's first post in which case it needs to be cleared by an admin. This stops spammers' posts making it to the forum if they have managed to dodge our other traps - although it does mean that people's 1st posts can take several hours to show up on the forum. Only Admins and Mods can see those posts until released.

Cheers, Bob.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies