Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 27th September 2020, 06:51 PM
Friend

Please count me in again. Thanks.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 29th September 2020, 09:09 AM
Print Exchange Manager

So far the following have elected to participate in next month's Print Exchange:

Richard Gould
CambsIan
Terry S
MikeHeller
PanFrank
DaveInElland
MartyNL
TonyZ
alexmuir

Please let me know if I have omitted anyone. Any other takers have till the end of tomorrow (Wednesday) to sign up.

Thanks, Mike
Old 29th September 2020, 12:09 PM
Friend

Adding a post to the forum yesterday, I noticed a set of figures at the bottom of the page, and they made interesting reading.

It states that FADU has 5114 members and 158 active members, which I presume means people that have contributed over a certain time period of time. (?)

Even so, with most print exchanges only getting less than a dozen signups, which is quite a small part of the active member number, I often wonder why more 'active' members don't apply to join in with what is a fun and great way to show your work and receive work from others?

Terry S
Old 30th September 2020, 09:51 AM
Print Exchange Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
Adding a post to the forum yesterday, I noticed a set of figures at the bottom of the page, and they made interesting reading.

Even so, with most print exchanges only getting less than a dozen signups, which is quite a small part of the active member number, I often wonder why more 'active' members don't apply to join in with what is a fun and great way to show your work and receive work from others?

Terry S
Print Exchanges, like club competitions, just is not everyone's 'bag'. More participants would make my job to some extent easier as repeat exchanges during a year and direct swaps which ideally I try to avoid would be easier to achieve.

For myself, again like club competitions, it makes me go into the d/r when I might otherwise not have done so. I enjoy it when I do go in but I am not very good at doing things in a vacuum and just for the sake of it. Perhaps I am just not ambitious enough.

Mike

Last edited by MikeHeller; 30th September 2020 at 09:55 AM.
Old 1st October 2020, 02:36 PM
Print Exchange Manager

Entry to this Monthly Print Swap is now closed. There have been no additional subscribers since Tuesday:

Richard Gould
CambsIan
Terry S
MikeHeller
PanFrank
DaveInElland
MartyNL
TonyZ
alexmuir

Please let me know if I have omitted anyone. PMs should go out by this w/e or shortly thereafter.

Thanks, Mike
Old 2nd October 2020, 12:44 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHeller View Post
Print Exchanges, like club competitions, just is not everyone's 'bag'.

For myself, again like club competitions, it makes me go into the d/r when I might otherwise not have done so. I enjoy it when I do go in but I am not very good at doing things in a vacuum and just for the sake of it.

Mike
I agree with your comments Mike and I feel very similar about getting into the darkroom, which gives me an end purpose for my prints.

I've belonged to two photo clubs over the years and maybe surprisingly in both, the percentage of participants in competitions was really high.

I had just hoped by making a post about it, that it might prod some others into joining up. So all we can do is wait and see.

Terry S
Old 2nd October 2020, 02:03 PM
Friend

Hi Terry,

Speaking for myself, despite being a FADU member for a few years, I only took the plunge last month.

In the back of my mind was always the thought "that my prints are not good enough to show to anybody other than family".

Last month I thought what the heck, lets give it a go, and have rec'd positive comments in response.

So if there is anybody out there thinking the same, join in for November, its not as scary as it seems.

Ian
Old 2nd October 2020, 03:12 PM
Print Exchange Manager

PMs have gone out. Any probs get back to me.
Thanks, Mike
Old 2nd October 2020, 03:57 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CambsIan View Post
Hi Terry,

Speaking for myself, despite being a FADU member for a few years, I only took the plunge last month.

In the back of my mind was always the thought "that my prints are not good enough to show to anybody other than family".

Last month I thought what the heck, lets give it a go, and have rec'd positive comments in response.

So if there is anybody out there thinking the same, join in for November, its not as scary as it seems.

Ian
Well done you Ian! I totally agree.

Terry S
Old 3rd October 2020, 09:55 PM
Friend

It certainly pushed me to print more, I've been in the darkroom twice this week, that's more than last month!

It's also tightened my technique, I've suddenly realised I've become paranoid about dust and specks on my prints, I had to reprint one from yesterday as there was a fibre visible in the sky, thought I could let it go but I just couldn't!

I'm sure mine have other shortcomings, but the more you do the more you learn

TonyZ
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies