Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > News and Announcements

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 6th August 2018, 10:41 AM
Friend

Default Rocky cameras gone?

Website not available for over a week now, a couple of months ago he put a notice stating that due to illness he would not be accepting any orders until August, anyone have any further info, he owes me a £25 refund from Xmas 2017, not the end of the world as I am ahead of the game having had many bargains over the years, some crap and difficulty getting refunds.
Old 6th August 2018, 11:30 AM
Friend

Not a seller that I am familiar with at all, sorry.

Mike
Old 6th August 2018, 11:35 AM
Friend

Do a Google search for Rocky Cameras and you'll find you alot !!!!

Last I heard he was having a major cancer op.

Ian
Old 6th August 2018, 12:55 PM
Friend

Quote:
Do a Google search for Rocky Cameras and you'll find you alot
Aint that the truth.....wow!
Old 7th August 2018, 06:00 AM
Friend

Is this the same 'Rocky Cameras' which was subject of a lot of complaints some time ago.. I seem to remember, (if it is) a discussion on this forum that no one who had come into contact with them had a good word to say about them.

Likewise, as for your refund of £25 I think you may as well forget it.

I was on holiday in the New Forest area about 15 months ago (Where the RC company phone number stating 01202 originates) and I recall something in a local paper about a photographic company having a heavy county court judgement against them.

If it is them, perhaps it is for the good of all.
Old 7th August 2018, 01:28 PM
Friend

It would seem that given the history already mentioned that Rocky as I understand the meaning of this adjective in colloquial terms is an unfortunate choice in the name

If Rocky is his nickname it might have been better if he'd chosen to call his business "Rocky's cameras instead

Mike
Old 7th August 2018, 01:52 PM
Friend

Default Rocky Cameras

Perhaps he has gone bust after his financing the fanciful new manual 'reflex' camera that was promised, but never appeared, some 18 months ago

(Didn't some people put up substantial amounts to help fund it.)
Old 7th August 2018, 04:19 PM
Friend

John, tell us that story.
A new 'reflex' camera. As in new SLR? And why 'reflex' in quotation marks? How was Mr Rocky involved?
Old 7th August 2018, 06:36 PM
Friend

http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.or...ht=kickstarter

Colin - here's the FADU thread on the camera. Rocky may have made a contribution; but I fail to see what that has to do with it all.
Old 7th August 2018, 10:03 PM
Friend

Default a new 'reflex' camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
John, tell us that story.
A new 'reflex' camera. As in new SLR? And why 'reflex' in quotation marks? How was Mr Rocky involved?
I thought this was widely known. So to give a potted history there was this company was intending to manufacture a new reflex 35mm camera called errrr....... 'Reflex', hence the name in quotes. It was to be fully manual but equipped with an electronic shutter.

One quirk which would have appealed to a few was the interchangeable lens mounts on the camera itself, so you bought a body with say a Nikon mount you could change this via an interchangeable lens mount to Canon, Pentax or Olympus on a whim. An idea like a Tamron Adaptall 2 lens, but on a camera not the lens. I am sure you get the drift.

There was a good bit of hype and sponsorship was encouraged. but it seems nothing came of it. I feel a figment of someones over active imagination. I wonder though did they ever get anyone to send them a donation. From the 1st time I saw it I thought .....Hmmmmm.... sounds too good to be true except as a scam.

Have a look at this link:- Reflex: Bringing back the analogue SLR camera by REFLEX. If the link does not work just google new 35mm reflex camera

Last edited by John King; 7th August 2018 at 10:16 PM.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies