Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > News and Announcements

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 20th February 2019, 12:36 PM
Print Exchange Manager

Default Diane Arbus Exhibition

I had heard that there was a Diane Arbus Exhibition on in London.

Here it is:
Diane Arbus: in the beginning 13 Feb-6May 2019 at the Hayward Gallery.

https://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/wh...rbus-beginning

I find the calendar events useful for when I visit family in London. I didn't realise there were two Don McCullin Exhibitions on until I saw it there. I am going to be busy if I manage to get down over the next couple of months!

Thanks to Bill for maintaining it.
Mike
Old 20th February 2019, 05:56 PM
Friend

I too am going to make an effort to get to London on the train soon, to see both the Diane Arbus and Don McCullin exhibitions; they're both on the south side of the river. They're not too far apart, which is good, so I should be able to get my 'electric buggy' between them both in a day.

For things like this, we should have a badge, sticker or something so we can recognise other FADU members if they're in the vicinity. Or maybe we should have at least two film cameras around our necks? That would make us stand out from the crowd.

Terry S
Old 21st February 2019, 01:45 AM
Friend

This is well worth attending. I saw a selection of her photos (perhaps 8 to 10 of them) as part of a larger exhibit called The Outsiders, shown at the Art Gallery of Ontario a few years ago. Her images are touching, sensitive, and showed an uncanny ability to bring out the true, deep character of her subjects. Amazing really. Like a window into the true person. Very unsettling in some cases, as she tended to favour shooting people on the fringes of society, hence her prominent standing and inclusion in the larger exhibit, which was themed around marginalized groups of people. Fantastic talent. Go see it!

Svend

Last edited by Svend; 21st February 2019 at 01:49 AM.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies