Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - medium format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 16th January 2016, 03:26 PM
Friend

Default Mamiya RB67 Pro SD & 90mm K/L lens - flash sync problem.

I've been trying out a Bowens studio flash kit with a RB67 Pro SD/ 90mm lens. I'm using the RB67 without film and firing the shutter with the darkslide slightly out - as it says in the instructions - but unfortunately the flash doesn't fire. I've tried the sync lead on my C330s and my digital camera and it works ok. The 90mm lens, shutter etc. works fine otherwise. Anyone come across a similar problem. I'm presuming it's the 'X' sync connector on the lens - can these be replaced/ repaired?
Thanks

Tony
Old 16th January 2016, 06:01 PM
Friend

I have a vague recollection that the polarity of Bowens sync connections conflict with some cameras. Posts on other sites make reference to this, although they don't refer specifically to Mamiya. It's worth checking and easy to make up a reversing lead.
Old 16th January 2016, 06:21 PM
Friend

Hi Tony, You could borrow my Mamiya K/D 127mm lens and try it on your camera. That might show if the problem is with your lens.

Alan
Old 16th January 2016, 07:39 PM
Friend

Thanks for this - I will make a few more specific searches to see if this is the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOReynolds View Post
I have a vague recollection that the polarity of Bowens sync connections conflict with some cameras. Posts on other sites make reference to this, although they don't refer specifically to Mamiya. It's worth checking and easy to make up a reversing lead.

Tony
Old 16th January 2016, 07:41 PM
Friend

Thanks Alan - I'll definitely take up your offer. If we meet on Tuesday I wouldn't mind borrowing it to try. Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Clark View Post
Hi Tony, You could borrow my Mamiya K/D 127mm lens and try it on your camera. That might show if the problem is with your lens.

Alan

Tony
Old 16th January 2016, 10:46 PM
Friend

Tony, I'll bring it on Tuesday one one condition. You bring some better weather than we had last week!

Alan
Old 23rd January 2016, 07:22 PM
Friend

Thanks Alan for the loan of the lens - yours fires the flash ok. Looks like the sync port on my 90mm is kaput!

I'll try and sort the weather for this Tuesday - though we didn’t do too badly last week!

Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Clark View Post
Tony, I'll bring it on Tuesday one one condition. You bring some better weather than we had last week!

Alan

Tony
Old 23rd January 2016, 10:27 PM
Friend

What Tony is too much of a gentleman to mention is that he brought the good weather, in the form of some wonderful light, but my camera developed a "user error" fault and I completely failed to take advantage of it.
Maybe next time....( when I get Tony to check that I have loaded my film properly!!)

Alan
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies