Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - medium format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 2nd September 2016, 08:15 PM
Friend

Default Pentax 645 Manual focus lenses

Hi
I have recently purchased a Pentax 645 manual focus, I nearly bought a Bronica ETRS, but although I have owned before I thought I would give this a go,as being a bit more compact and with the option of Program mode it suits my needs, I am happy with it so far, but can anyone tell me what lenses can be used with this camera, and also can other lenses be used with adapters ? any info regarding lenses would be helpful.
Thanks

Tim
Old 2nd September 2016, 11:04 PM
Friend

I have a 645N which accepts both AF and MF lenses but I am much less familiar with the 645. However I think that the 645 will accept all of the "A" lenses which have the green hexagonal focus light that lights up when you have the lens focused correctly. If I am correct then all of the A lenses will work on the 645.

There may be "M " lenses for the 645 which rely on a split prism focusing.

There may be others on FADU with 645 and more knowledge but if not then there is more info on Pentaxforums. Just bear in mind that most of the users there have digital Pentax cameras. The good news however is that even some of them use manual focus lenses on their cameras so can still form a useful knowledge base on lenses

As far as adapters are concerned I know of one that allows P67 lenses to be used on the 645 but given the cost of the lenses plus adapter I do wonder what the point of 67 lenses compared to 645 lenses

645 is a big jump in negative size compared to 35mm and in prints above 8x10 you should see a difference.

Mike
Old 3rd September 2016, 10:36 AM
Friend

its nice to have a new camera to play with ,I bought myself a Mamiya 645afd11 camera and one of the best lenses I bought for it is not a Mamiya AF , but a MF mc arsat F3.5 30mm with an adaptor to fit my Mamiya I would guess that there are loads of adaptors for this lens , its made in the Ukraine ,but what a lens, pin sharp and only distorts if you want it to .If you are after a wide-angle lens ,I would recommend one .
Good luck with your new camera ,and have fun.

www.essexcockney.com
Old 3rd September 2016, 11:51 AM
Friend

Thanks for you replies Gents,.
Its good to know what what the options are regarding lenses, I will look into the Arsat 30mm, and adapters, and enjoy getting out and about with it in the meantime.

Tim
Old 3rd September 2016, 02:27 PM
Friend

There are also some Hartblei 45mm tilt lenses out there that work on pentax or mamiya 645 systems with a mount adaptor.
Old 3rd September 2016, 10:20 PM
Friend

Thanks for the info
I have found some adapters from the Ukraine on ebay that would allow me to use a variety of Russian MF lenses on the Pentax 645, something I will look into, thanks.

Tim
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies