Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Help!

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 1st May 2014, 01:05 AM
New User

Default zone 6 and lenses value

I've inhereted a zone 6 5x4 camera plus lenses. Just wondering how much its worth.

I remember when he bought it in about 1993/4 when he showed it to me, I told him that it was so beautiful it should be in a display case and not used.

To be honest I can't condone the camera being kept in a display case and not used.

Any help in valueing the camera and lenses would be appreciated.
Old 3rd May 2014, 07:47 PM
Friend

I don't know the value, but I remember that Zone VI had several models. Their last 4x5 they made or had made for them was a bit bigger than their previous models which were Japanese and quite compact, maybe Tachihara(?) and available in at least a couple of colours. Mine is Rosewood. You could get some idea from eBay. Same with the lenses. I think they were all well known Schneider Symmar and Super Angulon lenses. Fred didn't encourage the acquisition of many lenses. If I remember correctly, they sold only the 210mm Symmar (maybe Symmar-S) and 90mm and 120mm Super Angulons. These are mainstream lenses and sales will be easy to find on eBay.

Have you considered using it? 4x5 is fun.

edit: I seem to remember them selling Caltar lenses about which there should be some searchable info. They were rebranded Schneiders, i think.

Last edited by Stocky; 3rd May 2014 at 07:49 PM. Reason: addition
Old 4th May 2014, 04:24 AM
Friend

Default re: zone VI

Can't help with the camera but the lenses...when Fred Picker ran the company he sold two lenses, a 210 Schneider Symmar and a 120mm Super Angulon. He later sold the company to Calumet so later lenses will be Caltars; early Caltars were Schneiders and Ilexes (maybe), later offerings were mostly rebadged Rodenstock. All would be excellent.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies