Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Negative Printing Exchange

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 25th June 2013, 12:50 PM
Friend

Thanks for letting me know, Terry! Got your negative yesterday as well, so far I have resisted the temptation to look at the print that you have sent along.
Old 25th June 2013, 04:16 PM
Friend

I did the same with one other person on this site last month Andreios (ie sent my pic with a neg) as the postage to the EU is SOOOOOOOO expensive from the GB! Receiving stuff from others abroad it seems it's so much cheaper the other way around...?!?

Hold in their buddy... just get your version printed and THEN and ONLY then can you look!

I have eyes in the sky watching your every move!

Terry S
Old 25th June 2013, 06:48 PM
Friend

Good work Terry, I only wish my printing was going to plan, just not happy with any of the results. Maybe tomorrows eyes will see them better but we shall see. Thanks for the update
Old 26th June 2013, 11:47 AM
Friend

My negative posted out this morning, with my version included.
Old 26th June 2013, 12:26 PM
Friend

And my negative went out today, without the print - I was under the impression that the return would include both prints (my and the correspondents negative). Anyhow, i'll all work out in the end I guess!
Old 26th June 2013, 01:52 PM
Friend

You are correct in your thinking Cesare!

It's just that the postage to send something from the UK to other EU countries is quite expensive compared to the other way around, so some of us are now sending our negative AND our print from it (firmly wrapped up in darkroom paper black bags) along with the initial negatives to save money and hopefully one journey, although the recipient has to be good and not open the packet. In turn they also get to see the other version of the print directly after they have printed their version.

This doesn't always happen of course, but if it all works out correctly, one can send TWO packages instead of THREE, (which quite often happens to me) which for me has been £3.50 each time I send something, it can be quite a saving over time.

Hope this makes sense?

Terry S

Last edited by Terry S; 26th June 2013 at 01:54 PM. Reason: fuzzy brain... so what's knew? :)
Old 26th June 2013, 02:20 PM
Friend

Yup, I figured by sending my version (sealed inside a second envelope) with the negative allows 'instant gratification' for my print partner. He or she can see my version soon as they've done their own. Seemed to make sense to me, but either way would work. Next time I'll check what my printing partner would prefer.
Old 27th June 2013, 06:42 AM
Friend

My negative and print went off on the 25th. Stefan
Old 28th June 2013, 05:08 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
Yup, I figured by sending my version (sealed inside a second envelope) with the negative allows 'instant gratification' for my print partner. He or she can see my version soon as they've done their own. Seemed to make sense to me, but either way would work. Next time I'll check what my printing partner would prefer.
Received this afternoon when I went to the sorting office to collect something else, they had elasticbanded it together with 3 other packages (must stop buying from ebay).

I can guarantee I haven't or won't open the sealed box until after I have made my version of the negative.
Old 28th June 2013, 09:58 PM
Friend

Just as well- I have fitted a "Mission-Impossible" style smoking self destruct device to the print.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies