Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Chemistry > Toning

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 20th October 2011, 06:39 PM
Friend

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
The trouble with iron based toners is that they fade rather quickly, and that is indeed my experience. When Michael introduced this one he said that it was fade resistant. You may be able to contact him, the details are on his website and ask him what the situation is with availability.
Hi Dave,i've tryed speedibrews e-mail and it appears that is not responding.I have contacted silverprint regarding the toner,and siad that micheal is not making any porcelian-blue.It's such a beautiful toner and such ashame that it's no longer available! Cheers Dave Tonytrot.
Old 21st October 2011, 06:52 PM
Friend

Here's a longshot. Speedibrews toners come up occasionally on e-bay. Not sure about porcelain blue but if it keeps well then it may be worth looking out for it.

Only puts off the evil day of total extinction so not a permanent solution but maybe better than nothing

Tony Worobiec covers it in his book and it does look special but he gives no info other than it's exclusive to Speedibrews

I had great e-mail correspondence with Mike Maunder back in 2006 about his C41 kits so a long time ago but I recall having to wait a while for answers as he was on a trip to NZ. Maybe he is on his travels again

His address then was maunder@speedibrews.free-online.co.uk. Probably of no value now but I may as well give it to you.

Best of luck

Mike
Old 21st October 2011, 08:32 PM
Friend

I bought four bags of porcelain blue toner at the start of 2010 and have since used one. I spoke to Silverprint and Michael at the time as I was keen to try it out but there was none in stock. Fortunately he then made up a batch and I got some while I could, looks like I was fortunate, it is a very special toner although like all blues it is an aquired taste.

Steve
Old 23rd October 2011, 07:42 AM
Friend

Default porcelain blue

Thanks chaps, for the info.I think i will just experiment with various toners to get the colour i'm looking for.Tonytrot
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies