Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 26th March 2015, 05:28 PM
Friend

Default Hello, have I come to the right place?

I've just joined the forum because I wondered if anyone would like my old Jobo C6600 enlarger? I'm not trying to sell it, I just would love to give it away to a good home rather than having to take it to the dump when I move home.

I can give more details of course but first wanted to check that I am in the right place to do this or maybe some kind person could point me in the right direction. I'm in Ayr, SW Scotland btw.

Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 07:43 AM
Friend

Yes I'd say this is a good place to ask that question
Old 27th March 2015, 08:50 AM
Friend

Very generous of you Bob and I hope indeed it finds a good home either directly or via, via.

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 27th March 2015, 11:12 AM
Friend

Hi Bob. I am in Glasgow, and regularly in Ayrshire. I have someone in mind who may be interested. I will check and get back to you.
Alex.
Old 27th March 2015, 11:14 AM
Friend

Anyway, welcome Bob ;-)

MonoArt - fine photographs
Old 27th March 2015, 11:18 AM
Friend

Hi Bob, welcome. And good luck finding a new home for the Jobo enlarger, could be soon, seeing Alex post
Old 27th March 2015, 10:48 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmuir View Post
Hi Bob. I am in Glasgow, and regularly in Ayrshire. I have someone in mind who may be interested. I will check and get back to you.
Alex.
Hi Alex, good to hear from you. Please keep me posted.

And thanks for the welcome from everyone who has replied so far. This seems a really friendly place and full of great information. I wish there had been something like this when I was really involved in photography - but of course back then there wasn't even an internet!
Bob
Old 28th March 2015, 12:12 AM
Friend

Just a pity Bob that it all seems to be behind you now although it is nice of you to offer an enlarger.

I take it that you no longer do any analogue photography. If you only gave it up recently and if we seem to be a friendly bunch which we are then you might want to stick around and offer some of your experience.

It will always be welcome.We are like a bunch of pals who meet in a pub but without the expense of a round of drinks and any cost to our livers

Mike
Old 31st March 2015, 03:14 PM
Friend

Hi Bob. Sorry for the delay in coming back to you. I have spoken to my brother who may have wanted the enlarger, but unfortunately he doesn't have space for it. I would take it, but for the same problem. I have 3 enlargers in use and another two stored. Can I suggest that an ad on eBay offering it at low starting price and for collection by the buyer may well get a result. Although there are plenty of enlargers on eBay, they are rarely in Scotland. It would be worth a try if no one here can take it. You might also contact Merchant City Cameras in Parnie St, Glasgow. They sell used equipment and darkroom supplies. I would phone them first to check. I hope you manage to get it to someone who can use it.
Alex.
Old 31st March 2015, 04:41 PM
Friend

Hi Alex, that's a shame but thanks for the advice. I guess it's often easier to sell things than to give them away! Space is my problem too as we are moving to a much smaller house and a darkroom is just not going to be possible. Ah well, probably for the best.
Bob
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies