Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 30th December 2018, 07:52 PM
Friend

Thank you all. I appreciate every input to this thread. I have bought an LPL C7700 with everything included. Will receive it next week. I am sure I will have lots more questions, for now I will look for the final bits and bobs to start my darkroom adventure...

cheers
Old 31st December 2018, 03:19 PM
Friend

I see that the OP has now got an enlarger, but the talk of putting one away each time after a session printing has brought back memories from when I first started printing in about 1974, aged 13 years. The only 'put away 35mm (and smaller with masks) enlarger' that packed away into the baseboard / suitcase that I know of and used when I first got a darkroom, was a 35mm Zenit (without the h at the end) branded enlarger.

There is only one, selling for spares, at the moment on ebay.co.uk and it is missing two main bits = the main column and the baseboard / suitcase to put it in, so not a lot of use really:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-R...j-~a:rk:1:pf:0

Here is a blog about it:

http://www.richarddavisphotography.c...a-5m-enlarger/

Here is an American advert for it, although mine definitely didn't have 'automatic focusing (!)':

http://www.jollinger.com/photo/enlar...t_af(1975).jpg

And here is a Youtube link of it being made up / taken down - shame about the decaying foam after all these years, but that's expected I suppose, about forty years after purchase. Even sadder to hear, is that the poster binned the whole thing as he could find no one to take it off his hands :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJbIXvKajTw

But wow, has this brought back memories and it did me proud for a good number of years of 35mm printing.

Terry S

Last edited by Terry S; 31st December 2018 at 03:25 PM.
Old 31st December 2018, 03:35 PM
Friend

Wow! I have just looked up the enlarger the OP is getting. Most surprising (to me anyway) is that it is still sold NEW at just over a thousand pounds!

But on ebay, there are a few going, all in good working order for offers around the twenty pounds mark. What a great position to be in just now if one was just starting out.

Good luck and have fun with your first sessions of printing William!

Terry S

Tags
enlarger, medium format
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies