Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 23rd September 2017, 04:07 PM
Friend

They need air to activate them. The good thing is that they are quite large, compared to other hearing aid batteries. It makes it easier to adapt them to the original dimensions. They are also cheap enough to encourage experimentation in different cameras and meters.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 23rd September 2017, 04:19 PM
Friend

Reading of these problems with using and obtaining battery's makes me glad that nothing I use for my photography needs battery's, even the 2 or 3 cameras with built in meters are selinium, and I might add still accurate, I can't remember when I last bought a photography battery, must be saving me a fortune, or at least enough for a film or 2
Richard
Old 3rd October 2017, 08:33 PM
Friend

[QUOTE=John King;116187]Thanks for that I will check tomorrow when I go into town.

Removing a sticker to expose air holes, sounds very much as if they work on the same principal as the Wein cells that cost a damn sight more...../QUOTE]

The cynic in me thinks that they might be the same thing. Why the price difference? Marketing! The hearing aid customers need a good supply and couldn't afford photographers' prices. There is profit in all of the transactions of course.

Tags
battery, canon, exposure, lithium
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies