Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 4th July 2019, 06:06 PM
Friend

Default Double Identity

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH Designs View Post
There is more than one Les McLean. The one TalkPhotography were talking about is one of that forum's members:

The one I know and the one I suspect this present thread is about is not from Yorkshire, he's from the north east, and he doesn't ride a scooter!
I had a nagging feeling in my mind this was not the Les MC I have met. The last contact |I had with him was when he advertised (somewhere or other) for spare ENELa Nikon Lithium Batteries. I was able to sell him 3 spares that I had at the time. Then he live in deepest Northumberland about 35 miles north of Newcastle. (Otherwise known as the 'back of beyond'!)

I first met him way back in the 90's when he came to my old club in Sussex. I realised then he didn't take fools gladly when he started to wind up an extremely vociferous club member who disagreed with his idea of a landscape. We could see what he was doing, to the amusement of all, apart from the 'victim' who was totally out of order!
Old 7th July 2019, 02:10 PM
Friend

Thanks everyone, especially Richard! I shall try to contact our Les via the usual channels.
Old 7th July 2019, 02:27 PM
Friend

I did a thorough search (which I should have done before i started this thread) and determined that I last heard from Les in February 2018. That postdates the thread about the other McLean begun in 2017. So, that settles that!

For what it's worth, he emailed me at that time because he had looked "in to Fadu from time to time and noticed your post...".

So, he may still be checking in here from time to time.

In any event, I shall email him.

Cheers, all!
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies