Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 27th June 2011, 05:20 AM
Friend

Default Hello from "The Home of Sliced Bread", Chillicothe Missouri USA

I have joined this group to see if I can re-learn more about film processing and printing.
I've shot film since 1966 at the earliest. I remember seeing a print develop in my Uncle Bob's darkroom when I was about 8 or so. Got really involved in shooting developing and printing my own pictures when I went to Berlin Germany as a soldier in 1973. There we had access to a complete darkroom and the prices were within the price range of a young soldier.
Over the years I have had many cameras and other equipment. I started with an old 6X6 TLR the model name I don't remember. After getting settled down in Berlin I got a brand new Yashica D TLR. I shot this for a couple of years and then was able to get my first 35mm camera, a Minolta SRT-303 (Model 102 in the States). Had that one for about 5 years until it was stolen while I was in Ft. Ord California (south of San Francisco). I then went back to shooting the Yashica D from 1978 until March of 1980 when I was able to get a Nikon F2a.
I still have that camera, having sold off the 6x6 TLR a few years ago. Since then I have also acquired a Nikon N90s a Nikon 90 and just the past few months traded a complete Canon A1 system for a Mamyia C220 TLR. My partner also has a Nikon N90s. We also have a number of Sony digital and she has some Fuji digital shooty thing.
I still have most of my negatives and slides from the past 40+ years of shooting and hope to be able to start printing again as I have started piecing together another darkroom. Just need an operational enlarger, I got a Durst C35 that is missing too many parts to work with right now. I had a complete color capable darkroom from 1981 until 1995 or so when I sold it all off as I was not using it and it was sitting in in Storage. That set-up was a Durst 35 with the MEKIT65 installed so I could do both 35mm and 6x6.

This is my story and I am sticking to it!

Jackie
2 Nikon N90s one 70 - 300 AF Macro, one 100 - 300 AF)
Nikon N90 (with 100 - 300 AF lens ) and one 35 - 80 AF short zoom.
Mamiya C220 80mm f2.8, 180mm f4.5

Not to mention the three Sony Mavica Digital cameras, and some pocket shooty thing from Fuji the partner has...

Omega Super Chromega C-700 6X7 enlarger with 50mm and 80mm lens 35mm and 6X6 film carriers.

Last edited by JacquelineA; 27th June 2011 at 05:29 AM. Reason: spelling errors
Old 27th June 2011, 07:09 AM
Friend

An interesting tale Jackie, thanks for the telling, good luck with setting up your darkroom and welcome to FADU.
Old 27th June 2011, 07:30 AM
Administrator

Welcome to fadu Jackie.
Old 27th June 2011, 07:32 AM
Friend

Hi Jackie and welcome to FADU interesting story of your photographic history.

Neil
Old 27th June 2011, 12:08 PM
Friend

Welcome Jackie. With your level of experience I think you will be contributing as much as "receiving " in terms of knowledge

Mike
Old 27th June 2011, 12:58 PM
Friend

Hello Jackie and welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your input and I enjoyed reading your introduction
"To the attentive eye, each moment of the year has its own beauty, and in the same field, it beholds, every hour, a picture which was never seen before, and which will never be seen again" Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Timespresent
Arenaphotographers
Old 27th June 2011, 01:10 PM
Friend

Hi Jackie and welcome to Fadu, look forward to your input and to seeing some of your work,
Richard
Old 27th June 2011, 01:38 PM
Friend

Hello Jackie and welcome to FADU. All the best with the new darkroom and I look forwrad to seeing some of your images sometime.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 27th June 2011, 05:55 PM
Friend

Hi Jackie and welcome to the forum.
Old 27th June 2011, 06:41 PM
Friend

I concur, welcome!

You will find this an interesting and helpful place.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies