Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 26th October 2020, 04:02 PM
Friend

Default Spare parts

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.

I have just bought a Fujimoto M60 enlarger off eBay. When it arrived it has no heat filter or negative holder.

Any ideas where I could find these? - not on eBay, it seems
Old 27th October 2020, 11:22 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex B View Post
Not sure if this is the right place to post this.

I have just bought a Fujimoto M60 enlarger off eBay. When it arrived it has no heat filter or negative holder.

Any ideas where I could find these? - not on eBay, it seems
The fujimoto is nowhere near as common as Durst or Meopta for example so I think its fairly unlikely you'll find individual bits and bobs. What most of us are forced to do is cannibalize from other (near) complete'enlargers and stay with the same brand/model.

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 27th October 2020, 01:32 PM
Friend

Default Cheers

Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 01:51 PM
Administrator

Can't help with the parts, but it appears Fujimoto enlargers were also sold under the Lucky brand so, if you don't already, it may be worth including that in any search terms you use to find bits.

Good luck!
Old 27th October 2020, 09:01 PM
Friend

Alex, a 60M has been my 6x6 workhorse since 1983. Survived at least 8 house moves.
Check this out:
https://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/ad...ger-1559-p.asp

These absolutely are the same negative carriers. The enlarger seems to be out of stock, but might be worth a message to the very helpful folk at Ag to see if they are still being made, and if so can spares be obtained.

By chance, also just found this-
https://www.onbuy.com/gb/universal-b...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Who are these guys?? No idea, but shows as 'in stock' so quite possibly still in production.
Also, I believe Second Hand darkroom supplies sometimes have oddments lying about they haven't listed. Worth a message?
Hope you get the bits you need. Mine came with a half-frame mask I knew I'd never use, so cut it to make a mask for my Horizon Pano negs. Works a treat.
Old 27th October 2020, 10:40 PM
Friend

Have a look at eBay listing for
Prinz Darkroom Universal Enlarger
It looks similar to the one Skellum pointed to. If it’s a re-branded Fujimoto, (Prinz was Dixon’s own label) then it gives more options for parts. Own brand photographic stuff tends to be overlooked, so should be cheaper.
I hope you find the bits you need.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 27th October 2020, 10:46 PM
Friend

Here's one that appears complete but always check first with the seller.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FUJIMOTO-...1e58%7Ciid%3A1

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 28th October 2020, 08:14 AM
Friend

Default Fujimoto

You can also try Mr Cad. He used to be a little on the pricy side but has moderated a little On the face of it, their website he doesn't list everything, so it is worth speaking to them and see if he cam help

How about the company trading as Second Hand Darkroom Supplies. My LPL7700 colour head went belly up a few years ago and they sold me a part head which had the non functioning parts included for not a lot of money.
Old 28th October 2020, 10:53 AM
Friend

Default Thanks

Thanks all,

I have gone with Mr Cad (spoke to Mr Falk himself!) for a Meopta 0pemus 4 as the heat filter drawer for the 60M seems the critical bit that I am missing and is impossible to find. It has worked out cheaper to buy the Opemus 4 than get another complete Fujimoto for parts.

I'll keep hold of the 60M anyway as you can never have too much kit (not telling the wife that bit) and if a heat filter draw appears anywhere, I'll snap it up.

I did try second hand darkroom supplies as well, who phoned in response to an email.

This really is a great community!
Old 28th October 2020, 01:10 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex B View Post
I have gone with Mr Cad (spoke to Mr Falk himself!) for a Meopta 0pemus 4... It has worked out cheaper to buy the Opemus 4 than get another complete Fujimoto for parts.
I'm very happy with my old enlarger, as it still does the job it's supposed to do.

But despite this, I do like to browse and look at all the equipment that is going for good prices on ebay etc. I would have been well chuffed it I was just starting out and then able to get a complete b/w darkroom for not much at all. Only downside, is the thought of all of these previous darkroom workers, are most likely selling it and going over to digital fully. There's definitely room for both, but I use my darkroom much more than I do any digital equipment.

Anyway, I hope the OP Alex got a good deal from Mr Cad, as there's what looks to be a very good condition 'Meopta Opemus 6 B&W Enlarger' on ebay uk at the moment, which does up to 6 x 6; has an adjustable glass negative holder and even does horizontal projection. If I was looking for an enlarger, I would be more than happy with this one at only £100 including p/p:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/20312037007...84e15001c616b7

Terry S
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies