Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 5th March 2014, 09:58 PM
Administrator

If you are talking resin coated b&w paper (and also with most fibre papers) then time in the developer is not *too* important. It develops to "completion" (or at least close enough to allow long over-development without major issues). Paper is nowhere near as critical as film in this respect. Once it has been in the developer long enough to fully develop, doubling that time (or changing the temperature by 20%) will make little or no difference.

In any event, because you develop the print "to completion" changing the temperature will not effect the print exposure time required for a fully developed print.

To gain a bit more time, you can stop the lens down some more or some people have been known to put neutral-density filters over the lens or use a lower powered lamp (if one is available).
Old 6th March 2014, 02:45 AM
Friend

Hi Will,

Welcome.

Umm AC 707, my AC 901 isn’t that fast ! I am running the 250 watt 24 volt lamps which I assume you should be but I have never used a 707, what lamp are you using ?

My 901 has pale whiteish opal filters which fit into the top of diffusion box. These are graded and have text in the corner “DIF 2” or 3 etc. Do you have any of these filters ?

Re using Cyan as neutral filter you actually use all three colours in equal CCs. Now with the AC 901 which is beautifully built and would probably withstand mild nocks while in transport before the C, M, Y calibration was lost but this is not true of a lot of C,M,Y enlarger calibration so beware if when using C,M,Y as neutral density filter when colour printing.

How long does it take to transport the paper from wet into the developer to wet into the stop ?

Regards

Rob

Tags
durst ac707, manual, printo
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies