Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 1st January 2016, 01:03 AM
Friend

Welcome Chris. I reckon the one thing about the future that can be safely predicted is that it will be varied and that there will be a place for all forms of photography, even here!
Old 5th January 2016, 11:31 AM
Friend

Welcome Chris

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 5th January 2016, 11:52 AM
Friend

Croeso, I have not been to Wales for a while, are the Traffic Police in north Wales still very keen on stopping bikers and giving them the full desciption of the road traffic act in order to add to the "Welsh holiday experience"
Old 5th January 2016, 02:39 PM
Friend

Got to be honest, never had problem with the Police, Could be cos im on a BMW with an IAM sticker on the front (dont mean i travel slow, just safely).. See lots of whinging on biker forums about it but never been pulled or even seen em myself. Got a good road or two over your way Norm, done the cat and fiddle a couple of times myself...
Old 5th January 2016, 03:30 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisvclick View Post
Got to be honest, never had problem with the Police, Could be cos im on a BMW with an IAM sticker on the front (dont mean i travel slow, just safely).. See lots of whinging on biker forums about it but never been pulled or even seen em myself. Got a good road or two over your way Norm, done the cat and fiddle a couple of times myself...
The Cat and fiddle road has been rigged with average/distance speed cameras for some time now, it used to be a great ride until a few nutters ruined it for everyone. I cannot understand why some people think they can use public roads as race tracks. It is a lot more enjoyable and far safer to do a track day on any one of Britains fine race circuits.
Old 5th January 2016, 04:30 PM
Friend

Those average speed camera's are all very good, but if you go past the first and then park up for 10 minutes round the corner, you can speed the rest of it without being caught !.. I live about 100 yards from the A483, the mid wales equivelent but it has hedges etc. It gets treated the same but seems to be less accidents. Its like living in a bee hive here during summer .. As you say, there is a Time and place....
Bike is not really the best for transport while out with the camera, bit too much vibration and cant just leave it anywhere if you need to walk up a hill..
Old 5th January 2016, 11:02 PM
Friend

I find a bike by far the best way to travel with a camera. You can stop anywhere, if necessary stash the bike behind a tree and walk a bit. I carry my Mamiya 7 and second lens in a traditional saddlebag with a leightweight tripod strapped on top. I don't really notice the extra weight. I really don't understand the speed issue. The national speed limit is still 60 and the fastest I've ever been is 56mph when i was young and stupid (coming down off the pass between Llangynog and Bala). I usually bottle it and touch the brakes long before I get to 40!
Old 6th January 2016, 02:53 PM
Friend

Dont think id manage to hide my Bmw behind a tree very easy, tis bout 8ft long, fire engine red and got a full set of luggage .... Last time I "parked and snapped" in a quiet place was down the Elan valley. Came back to find a nice family from the Ukraine debating the weight and size of "Rosie" and trying to decide if she would look good in their van !!. Mind if I park my old Puegeot 206 in quiet places, they think iv dumped it

I dont mind carrying the digital or 35mm camera on the bike, tis the Bronica and other big film cameras im careful with. Think its from the old Triumph I had, could see nuts and bolts unscrew as you went down the road, the Bmw vibrates a fair bit at lower speeds, doesnt seem to smooth out till bout 70mph. The japanese bikes are much smoother as a rule of course, but not found one that will return almost 60mpg while doing 130mph plus on an autobahn while fully laden
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies