Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Top Tips

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 15th November 2012, 02:54 PM
Friend

Default Process Supplies - excellent service

I recently tried to source dry mounting tissue in 16 x 12" size. The only option available to me here in Germany was Bienfang Colormount in rolls of size 610mm x 46m for 129€ plus postage. Too much for my budget and a pain having to trim it. Further investigation resulted in a few other firms in Europe supplying various brands but only rolls and often you needed to be a trade customer.

A wide variety of cut sizes are still readily available in the USA but not 16 x 12" and, anyway, postage quoted was really expensive.

Increasingly desperate with a deadline approaching, I visited the FADU website and noticed Process Supplies in the header (I used to be trade customer in the 80/90s when my darkroom was nearby). To be honest, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that they are still trading. Even better was that, although they can only get new stocks of dry mounting tissue in rolls, they still had a few 100 sheet packets in stock.

To cut a long story short, I sent Paul an e-mail asking if they would ship to Berlin and supply a pro-forma invoice so that I could do an international bank transfer for the payment. I received a prompt reply informing me that it was no problem, no minimum order was mentioned and just standard UK small parcel shipping fees. The dry mounting tissue arrived today and tomorrow I will mount 30 prints.

In a world where so much has to be sourced online and where one is confronted with minimum spend limits before people will ship, then fixed (and costly) postal rates and, often, the need to have a credit card to make payment my experience of dealing with Process Supplies has been refreshing and I would highly recommend them to fellow FADU members (especially if you live in or near to London).

Process Supplies stock a wide range of products of interest to people on this forum including raw chemicals, Speedibrews, washers and stuff I had forgotten existed.

Best,

David
www.dsallen.de
http://dsallen.carpentier-galerie.de
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies