Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Business Matters

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 29th November 2012, 09:39 PM
Friend

I don't care if he has a oedipus complex as long as he loves his mother.
Old 30th November 2012, 05:41 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Crone View Post
Nice blog Phil. However I must confess I didn't read every word but I really enjoyed the family images and recollections. I find it difficult to read a lot of material on a VDU, the same with photographs, after looking at about a couple of dozen, no matter how good they are, I've had enough. Put it in book form or on the exhibition wall then that's a 'horse of a different colour' (ref. Wizard of Oz)
You never know - one day I might get a book together. I still buy books, because I am addicted to them, but Blogging is, I dunno, a useful 'vent' as it were . . I am always up way too early, and need to occupy my time!
It's also a great way to hone your writing skills . . .
P
Old 30th November 2012, 01:15 PM
Friend

Phil a man after my own heart did have a giggle and I agree one hundred pc with you .
this thousands of pounds for a photograph and cameras for that matter have little value in the real world , but rich peoples use them as a way of investing there money.
you will only get large sums of money if you are or was famous it dose not matter how good the photo is .
as Bailey said something like, if they want to give me that much money for a print I will take it ..
so argentum your question /thread can be answered. to some people they are worthless and to others priceless and if you became famous or infamous then the sky's the limit ..
Old 30th November 2012, 01:49 PM
Friend

Thanks Paul - you know the old humble Kodak amateur cameras were pretty darn good actually . . wish I still had ours. I do however have my mother-in-laws - an original Agfa Silette. Really posh but still takes a fantastically sharp picture.
P
Old 1st July 2013, 11:11 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHeller View Post
That is why things get valuable - rarity is the key. The more people that keep anything including photographs in case they may be valuable ensures that they are less likely to be!!

What happens to my 'legacy' is up to the kids and their situation at the time I cast of this mortal coil. I won't care, I shall be dead!! I still have all my father's negatives (some from WW2) and many of his slides that have not gone too mouldy. They are a bit of a burden but I wish I had the energy and incentive to do something with them: I have enough trouble coping with what to do with my own!! I expect I will hang on to them until they get in the way - at present in a WW2 Ammo Box that was my mother's kit box in the RAMC during the war, that lives under the bed in the spare room; now that has sentimental value and is useful!!
Mike
Dear Mike,

Please do something with the negatives. I have recently restored and re printed 85 WW2 photographs of gliders. They were done so that a chap could re build a gilder seen in all the photographs. To me they just looked like pretty average photos of a glider on a field, but to the chap who is building the gilder, simply gold dust.

Please, dont ever throw them away. I'd rather take the burden off you and print them.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies