Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   Keyphoto   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   RK Photo   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies   Silverprint Ltd

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Articles > Articles

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Comment

Article Tools Search this Article Display Modes
Franka Solida
DavidH
5th February 2012
Several years ago I picked up a couple of these cameras in two different charity shops. I only paid a couple of pounds each. The one with the uncoupled rangefinder fitted had been rather roughly treated. The front lens element had scratch marks and the catch that holds the door was (and still is)...
By skellum on 1st May 2013, 09:21 PM

I reckon that's exactly what he means. Open shutter, wind film through, turn the world into abstract streaks. A little bit like-

http://www.jamessmithphotography.com...waves.php?pg=1

but not exactly. These are panned, so lightly 'streaked'. I'm guessing Tim would end up with something a lot more radical, and then he would cut the film into individual frames according to interest.
I think!
By TimHolmes on 9th May 2013, 08:52 AM

Sorry guys I must subscribe to threads I post in!
Yes I do mean wind the film through the camera with the shutter open. My favourite shots so far (done in 1995&6) were full films ie 720mm long
I only managed to get then contact printed at the time. They were shot at dusk in the city and are pretty wild!
The series I'm planning are day light and shorter so that I have some chance of getting them printed one day. 📷
By Peltigera on 19th September 2014, 07:31 PM

My first collected camera was a Franka Solida II - my first was a Voigtlander Vito B. An excellent camera.
Comment
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   Keyphoto   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   RK Photo   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies   Silverprint Ltd

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search