Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - Large Format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 25th March 2022, 07:45 AM
Friend

Default Do you want a LF Camera

I came across this website for a company in the Netherlands that deal in the main with analogue cameras and they have a selection of large format cameras and lenses. It is located in Delft.
Their web address is:-

https://fotohandeldelfshaven.nl/en

I sent an E mail to them a few months ago when they had a very nice Nikon F2a and in return received a very nice E Mail back with full details about the camera. This was during the middle of the pandemic when it was at it's worst so the deal didn't go through.

Their website is mostly in English (with a few spelling mistakes) and at first appears to be in a single front page but if you click on the the name at the top 'FOTOHANDEL DELFTSHAVEN' you can view what they have.
There is also a link where you can request a weekly update with new stock.

My son lives in The Hague, just a few miles from Delft has had a look at the shop and he describes it as an 'Aladin's Cave'.

The prices are all in Euros (naturally) but if you reduce that figure by around 12-15% the prices seem to be a little lower than I would expect in UK.
Old 25th March 2022, 07:26 PM
Friend

I have just had a look, John. Interesting place.It must be one of only a handful of camera shops doing weekly rentals

Mike
Old 26th March 2022, 02:22 AM
Friend

I like the opening hours

Monday: closed
Tuesday: closed
Wednesday: 13.00-17.00
Thursday:13.00-17.00
Friday: 13.00-17.00
Saturday: 13.00-17.00
Sunday: closed

Do you think they have a 1 hour lunch break
Old 26th March 2022, 08:21 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind on Allen View Post
I like the opening hours

Monday: closed
Tuesday: closed
Wednesday: 13.00-17.00
Thursday:13.00-17.00
Friday: 13.00-17.00
Saturday: 13.00-17.00
Sunday: closed

Do you think they have a 1 hour lunch break
I have followed them almost since the start of the pandemic which really created problems over there and the Netherlands was almost completely shut down. It has never really opened up properly since then. You may still have to have an appointment to go in person, so most of their business is on line.

They seem to have links to a photographic business in Poland and they often get some quite nice bits and pieces from there and show them on the website but again they are only for sale 'on line'

If you open up Google Maps and type in the full postal address then follow that with Street View you can see the outside of the shop. It doesn't have a big frontage, but there are usually a few of some of their stock in the window.
Old 28th March 2022, 04:00 PM
Friend

Hi John,
Thanks for showing this, highly interesting. I should some day to visit the store. Not just around the corner, but nice area for a long weekend anyway.
Make sure to check out this one on your Tour d'Europe. It is in Copenhagen: https://oneofmanycameras.com/ .
Cheers, Frank
Old 30th March 2022, 09:20 AM
Friend

I have had a look as you suggested but cannot find a reliable conversion rate from KR to £ have you any idea what it may be
Old 30th March 2022, 03:30 PM
Friend

1 GBP seems to have 8,90 DKK
1DKK 0,11 GBP

https://bankenverband.de/service/waehrungsrechner/
Old 11th April 2022, 09:00 AM
Friend

Default Hmrc

For those of us in the UK - when considering buying from EU countries you need to add in an aditional 25-30% to allow for VAT and handling charges when the item arrives in the UK.

So, although some prices may look attractive, you can get a nasty and expensive shock when you are informed by the carrier that you item will only be delivered when you have paid the additional charge.

I know this from bitter experience!!
Old 11th April 2022, 11:39 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteboy View Post
For those of us in the UK - when considering buying from EU countries you need to add in an aditional 25-30% to allow for VAT and handling charges when the item arrives in the UK.

I know this from bitter experience!!
I also know, but I bought an item from the U.S. when that was the only place I could find it.

The item cost about £7.00 (plus p/p) but as said, the PO wouldn't let me have it until I paid about £20.00 for import charges (?!!).

As they say, buyer beware.

Terry S
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies