Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > News and Announcements

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 9th December 2021, 11:09 PM
Friend

Default Richard Gould

Has anyone heard from him. The last time he posted was on the 18th October and since then nothing. He reported in July that he had suffered a stroke but was having Physio to help him.

His comments were always worth reading and some of his photographs gave a good idea what Jersey was like.
Old 9th December 2021, 11:52 PM
Friend

Hi John, it appears Richard's 'last activity' was quite recent, so it might be worth dropping him a PM. I'm sure it will be appreciated.

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 10th December 2021, 12:07 AM
Friend

Yes my info in the "friends" section says "today" was his last visit. Luckily our "hardcore" group i.e. those who post regularly tend to be missed quite quickly but one of the problems with an expanding group, which is a healthy thing per se, is that eventually people can be absent for longer without necessarily being missed.

Hopefully his medical problem is proceeding along the right path

Mike
Old 10th December 2021, 07:51 AM
Friend

Unlike the motorcycle forum I use where I can check the last 'visit' not only the last post. I was not aware you could do it on this forum. It was when I looked at his posts I saw the last one was in October.

I don't know Richard at all but he kindly sent me a replacement Weston Invercone a few years ago, was hoping he was ok considering the Covid situation.
Old 10th December 2021, 12:50 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by John King View Post
I don't know Richard at all but he kindly sent me a replacement Weston Invercone a few years ago, was hoping he was ok considering the Covid situation.
Yes, Covid, that's the "big unknown" these days in terms of people's health and unfortunately doesn't look like it may get better any day soon.

Mike
Old 10th December 2021, 05:50 PM
Friend

Mike once posted in a print exchange thread that Richard would miss out some months, but hopes to be back in January. So, best wishes Richard and we all hope to have you soon back again.
Frank
Old 10th December 2021, 09:45 PM
Friend

I wish Richard a speedy recovery and hope to read his post's here again soon.
Old 11th December 2021, 05:07 PM
Friend

Hi Hohn and thanks for the kind thoughts. from all he4re. I have been very unwell since early October. having suffered a small stroke in June, and fully recovered from thatgot a small ear ache in October, went to the Doc, and ended upmwith a major ear infection, which upset my bLnce and I tripped up at hoje one noght and next thing I remember is waking up 8n the Ambulance on the way to hospital, and was in and out of hospital most of october , then back agtain in November for iron and blood transfusions as I got anemia due to olosing a lot of blood when I fell in October, but last Friday I have finallyt been dicscharged as cured, so now I need to get my darkroom up and running again, and sort out my cameras. I have used neither since October, and should be back in business soon. I have looked in here from time to time to keepm up with things, and gope to be back in the print exchanges in January or Febuary.
Richard
Old 12th December 2021, 04:45 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Gould View Post
Hi Hohn and thanks for the kind thoughts. from all he4re. I have been very unwell since early October. having suffered a small stroke in June, and fully recovered from thatgot a small ear ache in October, went to the Doc, and ended upmwith a major ear infection, which upset my bLnce and I tripped up at hoje one noght and next thing I remember is waking up 8n the Ambulance on the way to hospital, and was in and out of hospital most of october , then back agtain in November for iron and blood transfusions as I got anemia due to olosing a lot of blood when I fell in October, but last Friday I have finallyt been dicscharged as cured, so now I need to get my darkroom up and running again, and sort out my cameras. I have used neither since October, and should be back in business soon. I have looked in here from time to time to keepm up with things, and gope to be back in the print exchanges in January or Febuary.
Richard
Blimey Richard - that sounds like a really rough few months.

Glad you think you are through the worst of it and hope you will recover fully soon.

Good luck

Martin

ps - the MGF - the 1940s version or the 1990s one ?
Old 11th December 2021, 06:20 PM
Friend

Welcome back Richard. I had the same as you (described as a mini stroke) last April then after a follow up CT scan they found an anomaly in a vein in my neck and had to walk around with a heart monitor for a few days. Actually I got a letter from the consultant this morning giving me the all clear. So I can now really plan ahead (Covid considering)
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies