Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 11th March 2012, 04:47 PM
Friend

No water at all in my darkroom, and it hasn't stopped me. Jugs, trays and old newspaper for spills - it's amazing how resourceful you can be when you put your mind to it. Paterson tank stuff is done in the kitchen; sheet film in 5x7 trays inside 10x8 trays in the darkroom.
Prints are easy, and all prints are put into a holding tank of water till it's time to lug the print washer into the bathroom.
Obviously there's an electrical supply in there though
Phil
Old 12th March 2012, 01:29 PM
Friend

What about boarding up the waiting room at your station; tell the customers it's undergoing renovation.
Old 12th March 2012, 09:09 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
What about boarding up the waiting room at your station; tell the customers it's undergoing renovation.
Far too many windows to black out!

Some years ago I actually did some contact prints in the old station master's office which was disused at the time. Fine until my boss found out. I had the hell of a job persuading her I wasn't making drugs or explosives or something in there! That option is now closed as it's been turned into a rather excellent mini-pub (The Railway Arms) which I have to say is nearly as good as a darkroom. It also has real mono prints on the wall by your's truly! Highly recommended (but check the rather obscure opening hours before you travel)!

I'm just going to shoot a few more films so once I do get back into the darkroom I probably wont come out until Christmas!

Rob
Old 15th March 2012, 05:12 PM
Friend

My darkroom is out of action due to a ceiling collapse. I was due to move it to the new house as time permitted, but that plan is out of the window. So I will be without a darkroom for a considerable time. Till the outside shed can be converted (at the moment full of my brother-in-laws junk) and the whole kit moved from the old house. I am thinking of scaling it down from two 4x5 enlargers to one, getting rid of the either the De Vere or the Laborator.

I have been thinking of shooting E6 till I have the chance to do the work, as it won't be too difficult to set up the CPE for processing.

Neil
Old 15th March 2012, 05:25 PM
Friend

I cannot imagine what these things are intended for but they could make a good temporary darkroom.
Old 15th March 2012, 05:29 PM
Friend

I did look at those as an option a couple of years ago Dave you can get an array of sizes unlike the darkroom tents you could get. I believe they're indoor greenhouses for gardeners who maybe can't get about as much

Neil
Old 17th March 2012, 08:24 AM
Friend

Will THIS be of interest to anyone here?
Old 17th March 2012, 12:36 PM
Friend

I just take photos. Processing, editing and printing can wait

Its sometimes easy to forget the pleasure found in engaging the subject and enjoying the experience in such a way that the photos are almost a natural byproduct of the interaction. Perhaps develop a few project ideas and get started? That way, when the darkroom is operational again, you'll be like a kid in a sweetie shop eager to see the negs come out of the wash!
Old 17th March 2012, 02:50 PM
Friend

Default Looks good to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Will THIS be of interest to anyone here?
Thanks for pointing this out Dave.
Old 20th March 2012, 11:43 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Archer View Post
Far too many windows to black out!

Some years ago I actually did some contact prints in the old station master's office which was disused at the time. Fine until my boss found out. I had the hell of a job persuading her I wasn't making drugs or explosives or something in there! That option is now closed as it's been turned into a rather excellent mini-pub (The Railway Arms) which I have to say is nearly as good as a darkroom. It also has real mono prints on the wall by your's truly! Highly recommended (but check the rather obscure opening hours before you travel)!

I'm just going to shoot a few more films so once I do get back into the darkroom I probably wont come out until Christmas!

Rob
Rob think about it the pub next door is just the place to keep you in tune for the lack of developer smell.

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies