Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 25th August 2014, 03:00 PM
Friend

Default De vere 203 Power

Hi all
I picked up a De vere 203 variocontrast enlarger this weekend which requires some electrical work to get it to function correctly.
I am a competent electrician and would not be put off by any major rewiring.
It did not come with the original transtab transformer and has the lamp connected to a 12v separately switched transformer. The fan assembly, lights ect are powered by 240v (all this via 2 separate cables to the enlarger head). The fan and all mains driven components I can cope with but I need to convert the 12v Lamp to the original 24v. Anybody got any suggestions for a 240v - 24v transformer I can use to power the 24v, 250watt lamp.
I hope then to use my RH Design analyser pro's 240v output to power both the fan and the lamp when switched on.

Regards
Russ
Old 25th August 2014, 06:54 PM
Friend

Default Update

Hi all again.

A quick update to my previous message.
I already have a Durst 24v transformer which came with a Durst 501 CLS Enlarger I purchased sometime ago. This would solve my problem of a stabalized 24v supply for the lamp on the De Vere. Just one problem then............
Anyone know where I can get hold of the 3 pin plug (one flat pin and two round pins that durst used on output side of their 12v and 24 volt transformers??

Many thanks

Russ
Old 26th August 2014, 10:31 AM
Friend

just typed 'durst transformer plug' into ebay and got this, item number 141386237114 ,is that what it looks like?
Old 26th August 2014, 04:16 PM
Friend

Default Female?

Carl.

Thanks for the reply but the item on e bay is the female end plug which mounts on the transformer. I am after the male end which has 3 pins and fits on the cable which connects to the enlarger head, the same supplier as the advert on e bay does not have any of the male plugs in stock.

Thanks

Russ
Old 28th August 2014, 06:57 PM
Friend

Default Update

Hi all.
Just to keep you informed as to progress on my 203.
Paul at Secondhanddarkrooms came up trumps with a plug to fit the transformer so I can now wire a 24v lamp to the enlarger. After a little re-wiring the lamp (24v) will now come on along with the fan and other mains driven parts at the same time all controlled by my R H Design Analyser.

Paul also supplied a 6 x 4.5 negative mask which I was finding hard to locate. I have yet to find an item which Paul has been unable to supply and although a little more than I wished to pay at least I have got the things I needed to complete my project.

thanks everyone

Russ
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies