Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 28th January 2021, 02:12 PM
Friend

I think we are in danger of straying into political ground, there are some very strong feelings about Brexit and the EU and it would be unfortunate if they developed here.

Tony
Old 28th January 2021, 02:23 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Marlow View Post
I think we are in danger of straying into political ground, there are some very strong feelings about Brexit and the EU and it would be unfortunate if they developed here.

Tony
Fair enough Tony. It was just a passing comment / question by me and I don't want to start a flame war of any kind.

Terry S
Old 29th January 2021, 09:40 AM
Friend

I was giving up hope of it ever reaching you, Frank, so I'm very pleased that it finally came through (over 2 weeks from Northern Ireland to Germany!). Thanks for your kind comments - glad you like it.
I'll put it in the gallery now,
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanFrank View Post
Hi Michael,
Well arrived today! The image shows a very beautiful bench. I could not think of a better use of my beloved square format. Masterful use of depth of field is very impressive and on top of this a wonderful toning applied. Love it!
Frank
PS. Very sad to see that the envelope has a customs declaration now.
Old 29th January 2021, 11:22 AM
Print Exchange Manager

This Covid19 is causing some delays in the postage. I haven't had a delivery for some time and I am expecting things including an Exchange Print that haven't arrived. Our local sorting office has had cases of Covid which will have caused some problems especially for things sitting in the place.

Patience is a virtue!!?!!

Mike
Old 29th January 2021, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Mine finally on its way. Hopefully Royal Mail will live up to its recent good reports and do a more timely job than me .

Cheers, Bob.
Old 1st February 2021, 05:25 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Mine finally on its way. Hopefully Royal Mail will live up to its recent good reports and do a more timely job than me .

Cheers, Bob.
And it's been received Bob, with the Royal Mail managing to deliver on a Monday, something put into the post on Friday, so not bad going at all by the RM.

Bob has been kind enough to send me two well processed prints to add to my collection, with both of them being printed on FB (air dried?) glossy paper. Now this is a surface which I haven't used, probably since the 1970's, at evening classes, when we used to machine dry them. Receiving a few recently, I'm coming around to liking it very much, so may order some when my supplies get a bit lower.

The two prints are from a trip Bob made a couple of years ago, to Northumberland, and are how I like to print - dark and moody. One, taken in Berwick - Upon - Tweed, is composed of a footpath, railings and houses, that pull you into the scene. It's sharp from front to back and is full of detail. It has a feeling that something not quite right is about to happen.

The second print Bob tells me, is of lobster pots on Holy Island with Lindisfarne Castle in the background. I'm glad you told me Bob, as I wouldn't have known otherwise, having not been there myself. Again a strong foreground, with lots of dark tones and huge depth of field, gives the picture sharp detail, from the front to the back of the print.

I'm very glad to have received the actual prints and I hope that Bob's scans can give everyone else an idea of the real thing.

Many thanks Bob.

Terry S
Old 2nd February 2021, 07:45 PM
Print Exchange Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyZ View Post
Dropped in the post yesterday!
And arrived today. It must have been stuck in the Covid infected sorting office. Postage expected 10 days ago has been dribbling through over the past week.

There were two prints: a print of a man fishing on a pier and a very intriguing one of a couple of flagposts, one with a gull on it and the other vacant with its possible former occupant a spectral bird near the edge of the print making its escape. I hope that Tony will be posting scans and you will see what I mean. I will be sending a PM as there is a mystery in the other one as well.

Thanks, Mike
Old 2nd February 2021, 10:10 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the report Terry - glad they got there in good time.

I keep telling myself that I need to print lighter but somehow it never seems to happen - must be the times we live in .

Yes, they are air-dried face down on screens and then flattened in a heated press (at least, they were flat when they went into the envelope, but the nature of MGIV FB is such that they probably un-flattened themselves somewhat during their journey).

The North East coastal area is great if you want windswept coastal views. I've only been up that way twice now as it's a bit of a trek from here but hope to get back eventually.
Old 22nd February 2021, 07:47 PM
Print Exchange Manager

My records indicate that neither MartyNL nor alexmuir received their Exchange prints for January 2021, Round 125. I could not find posts to this effect on this thread in a quick search. Both their co-conspirators have posted that they had been sent. If you have received them or not, please could you post here.

Thanks, Mike

Last edited by MikeHeller; 22nd February 2021 at 07:50 PM.
Old 22nd February 2021, 08:36 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHeller View Post
My records indicate that neither MartyNL nor alexmuir received their Exchange prints for January 2021, Round 125. I could not find posts to this effect on this thread in a quick search. Both their co-conspirators have posted that they had been sent. If you have received them or not, please could you post here.

Thanks, Mike
I believe my response is #49 on this thread, Mike. And Alex #50.

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950

Last edited by MartyNL; 22nd February 2021 at 08:40 PM.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies