Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Workshop News

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 13th February 2011, 11:13 PM
Friend

Exclamation Eugène Atget Workshop in Paris

We all know Atget's photos... this workshop is about going to the same places that he photographed, using large format cameras, and showing how they look today.

The photographer who offers these workshops is a well-known architecture photographer in Mainz, Germany. In the workshop he uses prints made from Atget's plates, given to him by a museum.

http://www.due.de/OnLocationparisAtget%20engl.html
Old 14th February 2011, 09:41 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmolinari View Post
We all know Atget's photos... this workshop is about going to the same places that he photographed, using large format cameras, and showing how they look today.

The photographer who offers these workshops is a well-known architecture photographer in Mainz, Germany. In the workshop he uses prints made from Atget's plates, given to him by a museum.

http://www.due.de/OnLocationparisAtget%20engl.html
Thanks for this post, as I’m always interested to learn about events like this. I would love to go to this workshop and envy anybody who can. It reminds me of a trip I made to Southern Ireland some years ago, when a few weeks before I opened a copy of The Guardian, to see the this image -
http://sealmaiden.tumblr.com/post/58...e-ireland-1951
I knew immediately who took it and when I visited Tralee I started to track down where it was taken. This involved various conversations with shop owners and residents of Tralee. I found this a fascinating experience. Can I ask if anyone is fortunate enough to go to this Atget workshop, can they report back about the experience?
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies