Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 21st April 2016, 11:01 PM
Friend

Hi Svend, welcome
Old 22nd April 2016, 04:42 AM
Friend

Welcome Svend.
Richard
Old 22nd April 2016, 08:29 AM
Friend

Hello Svend, welcome to FADU.
Old 23rd April 2016, 12:18 AM
Friend

Thanks All, for the warm welcome. I am most certainly going to enjoy hanging out here.

Marty -- good point. There have been a few nice darkroom kits in the local classifieds for rock-bottom prices. MF enlargers like Omega, Beseler, with all the trimmings and top-rank lenses for basically the cost of two tanks of gas (petrol to you Brits). My old enlarger was a 23CII (early pale blue version) which was a bit crude but built like a tank. I'd get one again without reservation. No LF bug bites yet, but you never know...

Mike - yes, I have a few too many cameras at present. Some are soon to go on the block, and I expect the parting will be rather emotionally straining.

On that topic, this weekend I am taking the old (but new to me) 1950's MF folders for a proper road test so I can decide which to one keep. I recently picked up an Agfa Isolette II (Apotar) and a Franka Rolfix IIE (Trinar) to use as a travel and backpacking camera. Some post-CLA test rolls show the Franka having the better lens, but the Agfa wins on compactness. To test 'em in the wild, I'll be going to downtown Detroit with my daughter (who has caught the photo bug too) and father-in-law who lives in Michigan in the city's 'burbs. He has requested of me a photo essay of sorts, depicting city landmarks and iconic street scenes in gritty monochrome. The old folders are loaded with HP5, but being where it is, I worry that perhaps I should be loading something else and "packing heat" in my camera bag This will be a multi-day project, most likely, as virtually the entire city is prime ground for photographers into the Urban Exploration thing. Should be interesting, to say the least.

Wishing all a good weekend.

Svend
Old 23rd April 2016, 08:32 AM
Friend

Welcome Svend

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies