Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Monochrome Work > Monochrome Film

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 22nd October 2019, 03:46 PM
Friend

Thanks Rory My 120 Jobo tank which takes 2 x 35mm reels is full at 500ml so that reduces my minimum to just under 4ml which might be below the min requirement but 5ml to 495 of water might be OK.

New territory for me is Rodinal Semi- Stand but I am tempted to give it a go

Mike
Old 22nd October 2019, 04:29 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
Thanks Rory My 120 Jobo tank which takes 2 x 35mm reels is full at 500ml so that reduces my minimum to just under 4ml which might be below the min requirement but 5ml to 495 of water might be OK.

New territory for me is Rodinal Semi- Stand but I am tempted to give it a go

Mike
Rodinal is very flexible. It tends to be used for semi stand development. I invert the tank medium speed but smoothly and I tap the tank on the table surface to remove bubbles. Ive been processing for 40 years. When I did my apprenticeship I was taught a method and I've never changed it. I'm sure we all have our own method. Once you get something to work it pays to repeat the process as exactly as possible.

You can mix a little more than you need and fill the tank till its full. Throw the remainder away.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Rorymcw; 22nd October 2019 at 04:46 PM.
Old 22nd October 2019, 07:29 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorymcw View Post

You can mix a little more than you need and fill the tank till its full. Throw the remainder away.

Thanks Rory. Good point and a solution to maintaining the 1:130

You made a mention that it didn't turn out the same with 120 but didn't expand on "not the same"

I wonder why it isn't the same as the amount of Rodinal is the same for both 35mm and 120?

Can you expand on the differences and say what you did differently for 120 assuming that you tried to emulate the same end result you had achieved with 35mm for 120

Thanks

Mike
Old 22nd October 2019, 08:37 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
Thanks Rory. Good point and a solution to maintaining the 1:130

You made a mention that it didn't turn out the same with 120 but didn't expand on "not the same"

I wonder why it isn't the same as the amount of Rodinal is the same for both 35mm and 120?

Can you expand on the differences and say what you did differently for 120 assuming that you tried to emulate the same end result you had achieved with 35mm for 120

Thanks

Mike
It was 15 years ago and I forget the details. I know the backing emultions are different it could have effected the results. I will have to have another try and see what the difference was. I will get back to you on that.

Old 22nd October 2019, 11:23 PM
Friend

Thanks Rory

Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies