Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - medium format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 14th May 2013, 07:16 PM
Friend

Default Fungus, where to send lens?

Got a Rollei 6006 80mm lens with the dreaded fungus in-between rear elements. Can anyone recommend someone who could clean it for me? Sendean in London gave me an estimate of £195 + vat, Brian Mickleboro and Kieth Leedham both declined.

Last edited by GoodOldNorm; 14th May 2013 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Wrong estimate amount from sendean
Old 14th May 2013, 07:37 PM
Friend

Newton and Ellis in L'pool? Not known to be a bargain basement company price-wise and you'd think that if Sendean want £195 plus VAT that N&E would be similar but sometimes that kind of logic is faulty.

You won't know until you inquire. On another thread I mentioned Ed Trzoska. Again he might be worth contacting. He is Leicester based so a trip with offending Rollei lens from Derbyshire is relatively easy.

N&E might want it sent to them before committing then it is postage both ways even if they refuse the job or you decline their fee

Best of luck

Mike
Old 14th May 2013, 07:44 PM
Friend

I've got a Contax I with Ed at the moment, which I took to him in mid-April. He quoted a seven to eight week turnaround at the moment. In the past I've used Malcolm Taylor.

Nick
Old 15th May 2013, 07:00 AM
Friend

I would second Newton and Ellis, if they decline then I would say it can't be done, but it won't be cheap where ever you go, and if the estimate has been given with lens unseen then I would tend to think that it is a starting point, and the price could go up depending upon just how bad the fungus is, good luck,
Richard
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies