Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 2nd October 2014, 04:58 PM
Friend

Default Process Supplies

For anyone who has had problems with mail-order suppliers I would suggest giving Process Supplies a try. I have found them an excellent company to deal with. They answer the phone promptly, take your order over the phone, deliver promptly, and their prices are CHEAP!
The first time I dealt with them the salesman wasn't sure if one of the items I wanted was in stock. He took my number , promised to ring me back which he did a couple of minutes later, confirmed that they had the item, and I received the order next day.
The next time I ordered - on a Thursday- I was advised that one item I wanted was out of stock but would be in on Monday. I placed the order, and everything arrived on the Tuesday.
I phoned them yesterday with an order for some 5x4 and 120 film. It was after 4 pm, but I was told the order would be dealt with straightaway. It arrived today, via 1st class Royal Mail, and cost me only £3.50 postage. Much better than the £7+ standard charge imposed by some suppliers.

Alan
Old 2nd October 2014, 05:49 PM
Friend

Sounds like good service.
I have had good service from RK Photographic in the past. They will use normal Royal Mail for smaller items to keep postage to minimum too.
Old 3rd October 2014, 08:41 AM
Friend

Its good to hear credit where it's due. We often hear only the negative side. I have recently had some outstanding service from Sharif Photographic services. I botched one order which was quickly sorted out over the phone, another order was dispatched a couple of hours after placing. Good prices and postal charges to boot.
Cheers
Diz
Old 3rd October 2014, 08:58 AM
Friend

I too have had good service from Sharif

Alan
Old 3rd October 2014, 02:37 PM
Friend

I have just ordered some film from Process Supplies,very helpful people and although ordered late they say it will be posted out today, and the phone answered promptly,
Richard
Old 3rd October 2014, 06:16 PM
Friend

Yes, good experience with Process Supplies here too. I ordered some paper which turned out to be out of stock and received a prompt phone call to that effect.

I was promised an update when new stock was in and received another call as promised a good six weeks later.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies