Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Equipment miscellaneous

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 3rd November 2019, 06:46 PM
Friend

here are some of the prints from last nights marathon darkroom session.

all are 10x8 Ilford classic FB prints scanned (badly). first of are the tools I used to take them with, a 300mm and a 600mm lens and I also used a Nikon Doubler that I used on both lenses...Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001 (2).jpg
Views:	167
Size:	201.3 KB
ID:	3472

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG (2).jpg
Views:	188
Size:	187.3 KB
ID:	3473
Old 3rd November 2019, 06:55 PM
Friend

and here are some birdies ,all are 10x8 FB classic paper prints scanned Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0006.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	3474

Name:	IMG_0003.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	181.6 KB
ID:	3475

Name:	IMG_0002.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	3476

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	3477
Old 3rd November 2019, 08:45 PM
Friend

Paul from my own observations in my garden, the problem with small birds, especially, is their "frequency speed" when they cling on to feeders. Everything tends to be a blur and if not a blur they are motionless for the blink of an eye. Birds by feeders is easily the kind of photography that can eat up 4 rolls and result in 4 good shots but your hit rate looks high. Also getting their eye to stand out is real hit or miss but you've done it in the last shot. Well done

Mike
Old 4th November 2019, 08:31 AM
Friend

I used Ilford delta 400 and rated it as 800asa. the trouble was it was a overcast dull day ,and as you said I could have done with a faster shutter speed ,the little birds keep on twitching about ,the bigger ones are not so bad ,also if I could have been a bit closer that would have helped ,but I managed to fill most of the negative frame so I didn't need much enlargement . Next time I will wait for more of a summers day and when there are more birds about .I wanted to go over to the bird sanctuary ,but its to cold for my old bones . All I need now is a flock of penguins to land in the field ...
Old 4th November 2019, 09:31 AM
Friend

Good luck on the penguins ... I’m hoping for ducks in the front yard ... a pond appeared overnight!
Old 4th November 2019, 09:34 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by big paul View Post
I used Ilford delta 400 and rated it as 800asa. the trouble was it was a overcast dull day ,and as you said I could have done with a faster shutter speed ,the little birds keep on twitching about ,the bigger ones are not so bad ,also if I could have been a bit closer that would have helped ,but I managed to fill most of the negative frame so I didn't need much enlargement . Next time I will wait for more of a summers day and when there are more birds about .I wanted to go over to the bird sanctuary ,but its to cold for my old bones . All I need now is a flock of penguins to land in the field ...
I think movement can work very well creating an interesting almost abstract image. Img003 of the three starlings on the feeder is a lovely image IMHO.
Old 4th November 2019, 10:12 AM
Friend

hi Dave the things they are fighting over are called fat balls ,I have got some great comedy mileage out of them ,quick they are pecking at my fat balls again ,I had even more fun asking for them in the shop .
here is another one, scanned print again .this is why I love delta film ,as I said 400 asa developed at 800asa in DD-X lovely fine grain. once I have used up all my bits and pieces of other film i will only be shooting 100 and 400 Ilford delta film ,and developing in DD-X ……..Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	3478
Old 4th November 2019, 10:20 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by big paul View Post
. once I have used up all my bits and pieces of other film i will only be shooting 100 and 400 Ilford delta film ,and developing in DD-X ……..
I’ve also got a tin full of assorted films to get through but like you I will be settling on a couple of emulsions once I’ve finished playing. Currently trying Fomapan but guess I need to try some Ilford Delta too before making a decision

ps - another lovely image

Last edited by DaveInElland; 4th November 2019 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Typo
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies