Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 19th August 2017, 11:11 AM
Friend

I arrived back home from a short break yesterday and your print was waiting for me, Fran.

It's different, that's for sure! Taken on a Holga, Rollei IR film/red filter in Highgate Cemetery. You mentioned that it was challenging to get the contrast how you wanted it - it looks great to my eyes! A striking print, very nice indeed.

Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisel View Post
Mine went out yesterday...
Old 19th August 2017, 11:56 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by photomi7ch View Post
Print sent today first class.
And received this sunny Saturday morning - thanks Mitch.

Like it a lot Mitch, as it's the type of picture that I like and would take myself.

It's been taken with a Zero pinhole camera, giving a 6 x 4.5 negative, of as Mitch puts it, '...a sowing machine sun bathing in the garden.'

It's then been printed with some good darker tones around the outside of the print, which complement the lighter ones in the centre of the image.

The print is on Ilford RC multigrade matt, a surface that I really like, but then again not so popular with others as gloss and pearl are for some reason...?

Thanks again Mitch, it has put a thought in my head to get out with one or two of my pinhole cameras when the sun comes out this week.

Terry S

PS Forgot to say that it's a good feeling, for me anyway, to see these A4 board backed envelopes being reused, again and again. So far it looks like at least two users and I'm going to make it a third time. Any advance on this from anyone?

Another bonus is that my post office / postie is a bit lax in stamping the stamps on these bigger envelopes, so I get to 'reuse' the unused / unfranked stamp, as I have done with many others in the past with no problems. Great start to the day!

Last edited by Terry S; 19th August 2017 at 12:06 PM.
Old 21st August 2017, 10:33 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
And received this sunny Saturday morning - thanks Mitch.

Like it a lot Mitch, as it's the type of picture that I like and would take myself.

It's been taken with a Zero pinhole camera, giving a 6 x 4.5 negative, of as Mitch puts it, '...a sowing machine sun bathing in the garden.'

It's then been printed with some good darker tones around the outside of the print, which complement the lighter ones in the centre of the image.

The print is on Ilford RC multigrade matt, a surface that I really like, but then again not so popular with others as gloss and pearl are for some reason...?

Thanks again Mitch, it has put a thought in my head to get out with one or two of my pinhole cameras when the sun comes out this week.

Terry S

PS Forgot to say that it's a good feeling, for me anyway, to see these A4 board backed envelopes being reused, again and again. So far it looks like at least two users and I'm going to make it a third time. Any advance on this from anyone?

Another bonus is that my post office / postie is a bit lax in stamping the stamps on these bigger envelopes, so I get to 'reuse' the unused / unfranked stamp, as I have done with many others in the past with no problems. Great start to the day!
Thanks Terry I'm pleased you like the photograph it was part of a set where the old sowing machine played a central roll

I had noted that several others had re-used the envelop so thought I should do so only I was wondering if at some point it would come back again from a different contributor.

Tut, tut reusing stamps

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 21st August 2017, 12:48 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by photomi7ch View Post
Tut, tut reusing stamps
Although I don't recommend anyone else doing it, , I feel just in doing so as I still have my Royal Mail shares from the sell off, so I am only denting my own dividends... or so I keep telling myself...
Old 21st August 2017, 09:33 PM
Friend

Default Print received

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHeller View Post
My offering is in the post.
Mike
Thank you Mike, it arrived at the weekend. A stunning image of a rock formation in the sea off the isles of Scilly. Your low viewpoint and strong contrast add further to the drama in this print.
Old 22nd August 2017, 01:52 PM
Friend

Posted my print this morning.
Alex

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 24th August 2017, 09:20 AM
Print Exchange Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmuir View Post
Posted my print this morning.
Alex

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
And arrived yesterday. A print of Tobermory Lighthouse on Mull that really puts it into context with the hills of Ardnamurchan in the background. Just my kind of picture!

I have never been to the North end of Mull, so that I now know what I have missed. I have explored some of the coast and islands at the S. end of the Island. I know the Ardnamurchan Peninsular better having been there on a number of occasions both as a student, many moons ago, and subsequently with family.
Thanks, Mike
Old 24th August 2017, 10:07 AM
Friend

Thanks Mike. I'm glad you liked it. I've been visiting Ardnamurchan regularly since childhood in the early '70s. My older brother now works as a Postman there, and my younger brother as an electrician. It must be great to work in such a scenic area.
You should visit Tobermory which is a really vibrant, and historic town. We were visiting my son who works as a chef in the restaurant in the old pier building. The lighthouse is a short walk from the town, but anyone going be warned, the path is under renovation and very muddy at the moment.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 28th August 2017, 09:44 AM
Friend

Just a reminder, all prints for Round 94 should be in the post by Thursday, according to my records there are still two to go.

Tony
Old 31st August 2017, 12:21 PM
Friend

Quite late - as usual! - but my print is finally going in the post today.

Terry S
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies