Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 1st November 2008, 11:42 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
Hi all. I never did introduce myself on another well known site where I am pentaxuser and eventually there seemed little point after about 3000 posts! ...............

Mike O'Pray
Hi Mike and welcome.

Cheers,

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 2nd November 2008, 05:45 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by les dix View Post
Mike

Interesting, I cannot recall any familiy members who would have attended that school but any connection is unlikely as my family on the fathers side were all from Northants going back several generations. I went to school in Corby and worked in the Steelworks until the mid seventies. I then went to College and eventually ended up working on Tyneside. I still have a Brother in the town but I do not go back very often. I must admit that I found the place rather depressing after the Steelworks closed.

Regards

Les
Thanks Les. That's that one cleared up. I had noticed you said your were from Northamptonshire but then I noticed the Tyneside residence and wondered if you simply described yourself as from Corby because you had gone down as a youngster but had adopted Corby and Northants as "home" so to speak.

I also noted your senior member status and took a chance that senior referred to age thus putting you in my age bracket. Just as a matter of interest how is senior defined here?

I'd second your sentiment about it being rather depressiing. The town centre looks drab. All concrete and no soul.

Mike
Old 2nd November 2008, 05:55 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo Batchelor View Post
Hello Mike!

It is good to see you here. I am angry with myself knowing that we probably rubbed shoulders at the recent Ilford Factory tour and I didn't make the effort to ask anybody's names

I am also looking forward to your input here.

Welcome

Stoo
Stoo There's was just too many of us and not enough time but name tags might have allowed us to put names to faces. By sheer chance I was in the same group as Fintan, the Fizz, Ian Grant and hka from Holland. I also met Steve Allan who had been particularly helpful over chems for fogged Agfa paper.

While it would be a mistake to try and make this an exclusive club with only targetted memebers, I can certainly think of a few from another site whose presence here would add further substance to what is an already very good group.

pentaxuser
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies