Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 26th October 2009, 09:33 AM
Friend

Default Eirgud says hello

Eirgud, who lives in Scandinavia, has recently registered, and send me the following email. Since it is a very good introduction, I have copied it here.

He wrote:
Well I am just about finished setting up a new darkroom in my cellar in a new place for the umpteenth time.
Had the chance at last to get hold of wonderful new/old darkroom. Had to drive all he way from the Danish German border up to the wonderfull north coast of Sweden about 3000 km.!
Now the Durst Laborator 1200 with the 500 CLS head and most important a rotating lens stage for my 645 negatives is standing in the cellar in all its glory. Along useful gadgets from the last 40 years. Today I am trying to get a plumber to put up the new water blender and connect the wonderfull sink I got from the North.
This is my third Durst, starting with a M600 in 1970, getting a M707 Colour in 1988.
Now after this journey my family of enlarging lenses has grown significantly. From three to seven. Now I can tackle 4X5!
Pluss 6X7and 6X9.
I have fallen back to use my old M4 Leica wich I got at the age of 19, trading my Konica Autoreflex T with two lenses for a new M4 body. I also have a good Mamiya Pro outfit with lots of lenses and extra backs.
I am looking forward to do work on ancient stone monuments and cult places littered all over the place in Scandinavia.
I am working on a piece about history as well as restyling a house in Malmö Sweden.
My hands have gotten wet in photo chemicals and I always long back to them.
I am thrilled about the fact that you can get the Agfa paper back under a new name as I always loved its tonality.
Planning to dive into my collection of negatives and work on some themes. That will have to wait a few months.

I am looking forward to communicate with this community!

All the best from

Eirgud
Old 26th October 2009, 09:40 PM
Friend

I think we have another real asset here in Eirgud. I think twice about a drive to EMMG at Earls Barton but he drives from the Danish German border all the way to Sweden for darkroom stuff. Now that's real dedication

Mind you he might have had to pleasure of passing through "wonderful wonderful Copenhage" whereas I only have the pleasure of passing through Weedon and Flore. Not quite the same thing :

Mike
Old 26th October 2009, 10:58 PM
Friend

Hello Eirgud and welcome to FADU. Your new darkroom purchases are exciting and you will have a super time building up your new darkroom.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 27th October 2009, 07:50 AM
Friend

Quote:
I am looking forward to do work on ancient stone monuments and cult places littered all over the place in Scandinavia.
I'm looking forward to seeing your work, thanks for the great introduction and welcome to FADU
Old 27th October 2009, 08:54 AM
Friend

Hello and welcome to fadju, looking forward to reading your posts and to seeing some of your work, Richard
Old 27th October 2009, 01:55 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Had the chance at last to get hold of wonderful new/old darkroom. Had to drive all he way from the Danish German border up to the wonderfull north coast of Sweden about 3000 km.!

All the best from

Eirgud
Wow! That is dedication, I have driven a couple of hundred miles or so to pick up equipment, but 3000 km!

Welcome Eirgud, and enjoy your new(ish) darkroom.

Steve
Old 27th October 2009, 04:11 PM
Administrator

Welcome back to the world of "real" photography Eirgud" .

3000 km... Blimey... That is extraordinary - one can't drive 3000km in the UK even if you went from the bottom tip of England to the top of Scotland - and back again.

Have fun in your new darkroom, Bob.

Last edited by Bob; 27th October 2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 27th October 2009, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Welcome Eirgud, I look forward to seeing your darkroom work.
Old 28th October 2009, 05:07 PM
Friend

HI eirgud, and welcome to FADU.
Old 2nd November 2009, 09:50 AM
Friend

Hello Eirgud and welcome to FADU.

You mention the old Konica Autoreflex T, I still have a couple of T3's, super build quality, all metal contruction will last forever
"To the attentive eye, each moment of the year has its own beauty, and in the same field, it beholds, every hour, a picture which was never seen before, and which will never be seen again" Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Timespresent
Arenaphotographers
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies