Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   Keyphoto   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   RK Photographic   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies   Silverprint Ltd

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 1st March 2017, 09:35 PM
Friend

Received this morning, Klaus. A very nice print, forest scene, taken on Delta 100, split-grade printed on Foma 131 and Selenium toned.

This has come at a very opportune time for me, as I am working with Foma 131 quite a bit at the moment. It tones very well.

So, the foggy day you snapped this up in the forest was perfect for giving a lot of depth to the print. There is almost an IR look to the forest floor and the whole thing has a real depth, almost 3D look to it. Expertly printed - you did say there was a lot of local dodging and burning to even things out but I really couldn't tell from the print, it all looks very natural.

Many thanks,
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltklaus View Post
Mine was posted on the 20th - just for the record.
Old 2nd March 2017, 06:06 PM
Friend

Glad it finally arrived, Michael - that took a long time, especially since I sent it priority..

Anyway, I'm glad you like it! Fomatone 131 tones really well especially in sulpur toners and gold. surreal. Well, at least the batches I've got, which are prior to the latest reformulation - which I haven't tried. This print was only toned lightly, though. It doesn't age well though, it's already a rather soft paper which only goes up to a true grade 4-ish, now I can get maybe the equivalent of a grade 3,5 on Ilford warmtone. Not a problem if your neg isn't too thin.

Yes, quite a bit of dodging and burning - mostly dodging some trees. Took a few tries to figure it out. I hope I won't forget to put up a scan this weekend!
Old 6th March 2017, 02:51 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
A bit last minute but mine is now on it's way.

Terry S
Got here today, a very good print of,what looks like to, Eastern towers, with a very English post box big in the foreground, a good mixture of what could easily be two cultures, well seen and very well printed, almost looks like a slghtly warm tone print, Thanks Terry, another good prin for a growing collection,like it a lot
Richard
Old 8th March 2017, 11:03 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Gould View Post
Got here today
I'm glad it finally arrived Richard and that you are pleased with it. It's always good to receive positive feedback as it lets us all know that we are doing something right.

I will post the picture in the gallery as soon as I'm able.

Terry S
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   Keyphoto   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   RK Photographic   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies   Silverprint Ltd