Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > News and Announcements

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 13th March 2017, 02:36 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collas View Post
At the moment the P30 film is available to backers to test out and is being heavily discounted to tempt us to purchase some. I've offered to buy some, so I'm now waiting for some further news.

It's the same stock as used by Italian cinema in the 1960s, some of which is stunning - 8 ½ for instance.

Nick
Hi Collas,

So far, the film has only been made available to a small circle outside of the immediate operation. Everyone else, including backers has been waiting for preorders to open at their online store. It was supposed to be opening March 13th at midday EST but this has been delayed until the 15th.

The most interesting thing about this film is that it was a complete accident...

Whilst suffering (more) delays, the 3rd party emulsion they had procured for testing their coating platform expired. Wanting to use a fresh emulsion, their engineers mixed up a reformulated recipe for P30 from the 70's.

The results, it seems, were enough for FILM Ferrania to decide to produce this film in bulk and we're all now waiting for the results to be made available.

Film reviews, experiments, interviews and culture. It's about latitude & depth, not megapixels & actuations.
Old 17th March 2017, 10:24 AM
Friend

I've put in my order for five rolls.

Nick
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies