Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Monochrome Work > Print Finishing

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 11th July 2012, 06:30 PM
Friend

Personally I would welcome them Mike, but as mentioned, why not 50 in a box of 50 - but 18
"To the attentive eye, each moment of the year has its own beauty, and in the same field, it beholds, every hour, a picture which was never seen before, and which will never be seen again" Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Timespresent
Arenaphotographers
Old 12th July 2012, 01:05 PM
Friend

http://www.ilfordphoto.com/gelatin/silvergelatin.asp

So Ilford are assuming every print with this sticker attached has been properly fixed and washed and that the print actually is on Ilford paper and not another brand?
Old 12th July 2012, 01:56 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Fitz View Post
http://www.ilfordphoto.com/gelatin/silvergelatin.asp

So Ilford are assuming every print with this sticker attached has been properly fixed and washed and that the print actually is on Ilford paper and not another brand?
I guess that's why they say that they were packed in error. I'm guessing that they weren't intended for general sale.
Old 12th July 2012, 02:04 PM
Friend

I'm puzzled as to why they said it was a mistake as Simon Galley has posted elsewhere to say they the following:

"HARMAN technology for the last couple of months have been including ultra high quality stickers in all rolls and packets of our Fibre Base products, these are packaged in a foil pack.

This initiative is to help educate buyers of photographic images to understand what is meant by Silver Gelatin, and especially people who make and sell images printed on our FB products to be able to identify these as high quality silver gelatin prints by attaching the stamp. As the weblink is on the stamp buyers can understand what a silver gelatin print is and why it is important and value added.

A press release will be released in the next couple of weeks or so giving a fuller explanation, I will post it on APUG of course...

As they will be in every pack and every size it will take some time for them to move through the supply chain, so when you do get a shiny foil pack in your ILFORD paper box you know what it is!.

We hope this adds to your offering if you are selling genuine 'silver gelatin' prints made on ILFORD FB paper.

These stamps will continue to be added to all packs of ILFORD FB paper, it not a 'special' and of course they are free of charge and no price change to any FB product has been made."
Old 12th July 2012, 02:30 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Fitz View Post
I'm puzzled as to why they said it was a mistake as Simon Galley has posted elsewhere to say they the following:

"HARMAN technology for the last couple of months have been including ultra high quality stickers in all rolls and packets of our Fibre Base products, these are packaged in a foil pack.

This initiative is to help educate buyers of photographic images to understand what is meant by Silver Gelatin, and especially people who make and sell images printed on our FB products to be able to identify these as high quality silver gelatin prints by attaching the stamp. As the weblink is on the stamp buyers can understand what a silver gelatin print is and why it is important and value added.

A press release will be released in the next couple of weeks or so giving a fuller explanation, I will post it on APUG of course...

As they will be in every pack and every size it will take some time for them to move through the supply chain, so when you do get a shiny foil pack in your ILFORD paper box you know what it is!.

We hope this adds to your offering if you are selling genuine 'silver gelatin' prints made on ILFORD FB paper.

These stamps will continue to be added to all packs of ILFORD FB paper, it not a 'special' and of course they are free of charge and no price change to any FB product has been made."
Maybe they only want to educate American buyers if Simon is dealing with it?
Old 12th July 2012, 05:53 PM
Friend

Maybe Simon wants us to wait for the full press release as in spite of his replying several times to the many posters on the other site he has never answered the "why 18? " question which has been asked by several posters

Mike
Old 12th July 2012, 06:15 PM
Friend

Oh dear - "value added" and "offering" - are they photographic terms I haven't come across before or have they swallowed the Marketing Man's Bible?
Old 12th July 2012, 06:45 PM
Friend

This is all I got from Ilford customer service;

"Thank you for your email Unfortunately it seems that this would of been packed in your box in error and are not for resale

Regards
Customer service"

It seems to me not all Ilford departments are aware what's going on?
"To the attentive eye, each moment of the year has its own beauty, and in the same field, it beholds, every hour, a picture which was never seen before, and which will never be seen again" Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Timespresent
Arenaphotographers
Old 12th July 2012, 06:52 PM
Friend

Maybe another freeby for the American market from Harman, sometimes they seem to hold that market in higher regard than over here, only time will tell,
Richard
Old 12th July 2012, 07:03 PM
Friend

Just opened a new box of 12x16 Multigrade FB IV not warmtone and hooray,18 stickers in a silver envelope
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies