Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 24th March 2020, 07:12 PM
Friend

I would love to be in court and watch the officials squirm when United Utilities produced "Exhibit A M'lud."
Old 24th March 2020, 09:40 PM
Friend

The Great Bog Roll Crisis is bringing back memories. Back in the days of yore I worked in the stores at Cambridge railway station. We had a huge problem with excessive consumption of toilet rolls at Cambridge train drivers mess room - over 200 rolls a week! I had my suspicion that some drivers were misappropriating it for personal use (later proved when someone was caught flogging BR branded loo paper at a car boot sale!). My colleague and I went in very early one morning and replaced all the nice, soft cushy stuff with the standard BR shiny stuff. Consumption dropped by about two thirds in a week! Mind you, we nearly had a train drivers strike! May I take this opportunity to apologise to the innocent - at least one is known to lurk here!
Old 25th March 2020, 10:19 AM
Friend

Although I have never worked for the railways, my old camera club was the 258 Railway CC in Glasgow (258 was the address of Buchanan House, not some obscure wheel arrangement!). There was a trophy produced one evening, which hadn’t been awarded for several years. It was a very fancy polished mahogany shield, with silver medallions attached. It’s great beauty quickly wore off when an elderly member revealed that it was made from a salvaged First Class toilet seat lid! It was quickly returned to the cupboard.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 25th March 2020, 11:23 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Archer View Post
The Great Bog Roll Crisis is bringing back memories. Back in the days of yore I worked in the stores at Cambridge railway station. We had a huge problem with excessive consumption of toilet rolls at Cambridge train drivers mess room - over 200 rolls a week! I had my suspicion that some drivers were misappropriating it for personal use (later proved when someone was caught flogging BR branded loo paper at a car boot sale!). My colleague and I went in very early one morning and replaced all the nice, soft cushy stuff with the standard BR shiny stuff. Consumption dropped by about two thirds in a week! Mind you, we nearly had a train drivers strike! May I take this opportunity to apologise to the innocent - at least one is known to lurk here!
Maybe it was to thrown onto the pitch at football matches.Not just to celebrate goals. I can remember way back in the early seventies Kevin Keegan storming down the wing for Scunthorpe United and putting in some great crosses against Chesterfield at Saltergate. He did not score but he had more than his fair share of Izal toilet rolls lobbed at him. It did not put him off at all, we could all see then that he would go on to be a great player. I imagine when football matches return the hoarders will be throwing their excess " bog rolls" again.
Old 27th March 2020, 09:16 PM
Friend

Default Izal Ruminations / Cabin Fever

Remember all you people not going to the pub tonight...….
Staying in is the latest going out...………….
Old 27th March 2020, 10:14 PM
Friend

Default Izal Ruminations / Cabin Fever

Youngest son is a chef....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 27th March 2020, 10:33 PM
Administrator

Can we please keep all non-photographic posts to this thread.

Last edited by Bob; 28th March 2020 at 06:57 AM.
Old 27th March 2020, 11:05 PM
Friend

Oops!
I just looked to see where I had posted.
I think Bob might mean me.
So sorry.
Old 29th March 2020, 04:41 PM
Friend

Default How long the virus lives on surfaces

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2004973
Old 29th March 2020, 08:30 PM
Friend

I can't see any of the authors being mentioned on any ones list of six special dinner guests.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies