Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 1st October 2020, 07:56 PM
Friend

Default Analyser Pro Problem

I have a RH Designs Analyser Pro. Firmware 6.4. Yesterday I wanted to use the Densitometer mode. I used it on one film strip but when I tried to do another film strip I got a problem. When I press the 'star' button to enter densitometer mode, instead of seeing 'Log' message I only get 'USER' message. Has anyone any idea what is causing this. I have checked and changed fuses etc. No result.
Old 1st October 2020, 08:22 PM
Friend

On my analyser/pro, to enter densitometer mode the instructions say to enter the mode, switch on the enlarger using focus, then press and hold the the measure button on the sensor for 1 second until the display shows log, and I have just tried it and it goes into the mode, I have never used the densitometer, but it goes to log following the above,Mine is quite old, around 25 years or so, but I can't see the basic instructions changing
Richard
Old 2nd October 2020, 06:33 AM
Moderator & Keeper of the Calendar

I agree with Richard. Entering densitometer mode is done with the button on the measuring probe. Pressing and holding the "star" button has always entered the User mode to allow you to change the settings to suit your purposes. My machine like Richards is around 30 years old but has been updated to version 6.2.
Old 2nd October 2020, 09:28 AM
Friend

Thank you for the prompt replies. My manual states press the 'star' button on the analyser. Which I was doing - but I think I was holding it a fraction too long. I tried it just now starting the analyser in 'normal mode' then just 'tapped the 'star' button and held the 'Probe' button for one second. Hey-Presto densitometer mode. I also think that I was trying to solve it with my darkroom light on. I think this may have had some influence on the probe. No problem with the light off so it could sense the enlarger light. Than you for the help.
Old 2nd October 2020, 09:48 AM
Friend

the star button is for twofold use, press it and the enlarger switches on for focusing, press it for a second or two and it goes into user mode, which allows you to set the defaults for yourself, as far as having the darkroom light on when going into densitometer mode on ,i it makes no difference at all, even pressing the probe for exposure setting all that happens if the white light is on it simply says hi,
Richard
Old 2nd October 2020, 10:49 AM
Moderator & Keeper of the Calendar

I have just had a read at the Analyser Pro Manual for version 6.4 and the only reason to tap the star button is to switch the enlarger light on in focus mode so that readings can be taken. Densitometer mode is reached by pressing and holding the button on the sensor as it always has. Pressing and holding the star button will go into User mode. Was it the darkroom safelight you had on or the main room light? All readings should be taken with both the room and safe lights off. As Richard has said if the overall light is too bright you will get Hi on the display. If your safelight does not go off while taking a reading and you have it connected to the output on the rear of the console then that is something that can be set up in User mode.

If you have not got a manual you can get it as a pdf from the RH Designs web site. The relevant information about Densitometer mode is in Section 16 on Page 21.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies