Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 24th November 2020, 03:24 PM
Friend

Yes. The instructions - the booklet which is shipped with every SCALA kit - will also soon be available online as pdf.
Nick, the above is a quote from a Team Adox reply of 30 mins ago on Photrio. It would appear as if the booklet allegedly contains all the instructions and is posted with each kit but if you don't have the kit then it will be available "soon " online. Whatever soon means

Can't be of any more help that and currently it would appear that Adox can't be either.

I get the impression that Adox may have chosen to get ahead of itself and launch the kits before all its ducks were in a row but are at least trying to catch up now.

Mike
Old 24th November 2020, 04:40 PM
Friend

Their website is a bit hit and miss with some parts in English but others still in the original German.

Let's hope that the kit is made available in the UK as soon as possible. It'll take me a while to get through five rolls of Scala 50 at this time of year, so there's no pressing need for me to buy just yet.
Old 24th November 2020, 06:43 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collas View Post
Their website is a bit hit and miss with some parts in English but others still in the original German.

Let's hope that the kit is made available in the UK as soon as possible. It'll take me a while to get through five rolls of Scala 50 at this time of year, so there's no pressing need for me to buy just yet.
I have some Adox Scala 160, 7 rolls used and 3 more to go. Normally send them to a lab. But think about trying the new kit: https://www.fotoimpex.com/chemistry/...rocessing.html
I do only make black & white slides in small format.
Cheers, Frank
Old 24th November 2020, 07:32 PM
Friend

Default On the same (but) different direction

I would have thought it would not be that difficult to make a B&W slide film which uses the E6 process. Not an ordinary B&W film, but a proper reversal film.

I remember Dia-Direct and still marvel at a couple I have with rich blacks that held detail right into the deepest shadows and shades of grey that went as far as your imagination. The big drawback was the slow speed of 32ASA (ISO in todays money).

That wasn't an E6 or E4 or even an E2 process, the image was pure silver like a B&W negative film and not a dye. So if one frame was a bit dark, a very quick rinse in a dilute Farmers Reducer could save it from the bin. Being a silver image if processed properly it will not fade like E6 colour will

Last edited by John King; 24th November 2020 at 07:46 PM.
Old 25th November 2020, 02:26 PM
Friend

Nick, just in case you haven't looked Adox put the Scala kit instructions on its website

Mike
Old 25th November 2020, 04:04 PM
Friend

No, I hadn't so thanks for the gen.
Old 25th November 2020, 04:21 PM
Friend

I found it on the Fotoimpex site as there's still nothing from Adox.

https://www.fotoimpex.com/shop/image...-Datasheet.pdf
Old 25th November 2020, 05:00 PM
Friend

Fotoimpex ist the shop of Adox. I prefer ordering there, because they put all their money in new investments & produce paper & films. Hope they get the Polywarmtone ready in the near future.
Old 25th November 2020, 05:15 PM
Friend

My five rolls of Scala 50 have arrived from Nik & Trick. The weather indicates a sunny day in Shropshire tomorrow. Now to find a camera that hasn't already got a part-exposed roll in it and still works (the Contax AX is now unrepairable, which is a great pity).
Old 25th November 2020, 06:06 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collas View Post
I found it on the Fotoimpex site as there's still nothing from Adox.

https://www.fotoimpex.com/shop/image...-Datasheet.pdf
Yes, sorry, it is the Adox instructions but on the Fotoimpex site. Mind you it would seem sensible to carry it on the Adox site as well

Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies