Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 30th October 2019, 05:37 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
Self-awareness isn’t a big thing for the Emulsive crowd.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have to say it wasn't a big thing for me either until I tried taking on Sugar Ray over 15 rounds at "The Garden"

Mike
Old 30th October 2019, 05:45 PM
Banned

I have just been banned from iceinspace, remember I posted about a timer for my son and I and someone replied about film/darkrooms being a thing of the past and we should get a life.

I posted that he (in Australia) should have the decency to show more consideration to the disabled and get a life.

Banned for causing upset
Old 4th November 2019, 11:07 PM
Friend

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by big paul View Post

Nice to know that Ilford just got it right by pure chance when they suggested their archival washing method decades ago.

Brock Ditto
Like many other folks I do not claim to be an expert on all aspects of film work.

So.

Perhapse you will help me understand your above statement as I am sure that an old and successful company would not put out important advice on the basis of pure chance. I have always taken information from Ilford as being acurate and thoroughly tested but if you have evidence that it is all just guess work I would like to know.

Therefor I do think that the above statement requires some evidence with regards its acuracy for the sake of future readers of this thread and your help with this would be much appreciated,

Drewtwo.
Old 4th November 2019, 11:50 PM
Friend

hi drewtwo it was not me who originally posted it ,I just coped it as I was agreeing with brock about emulsive ,not about ilfords washing times ,so I am sorry you have got the wrong man ..
Old 5th November 2019, 07:19 AM
Friend

Drew, the post you're questioning was intended as ironic humour.
Clearly Ilford don't actually just guess when they make their recommendations, and this post was a dig at the 'Hipsters' congatuling themselves on having discovered this useful film washing regime.

Where are you located, by the way? I'm in Stornoway, Lewis, and we have a couple of other regular posters in the Highlands.
Cheers, Colin
Old 5th November 2019, 08:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
Drew, the post you're questioning was intended as ironic humour.
Clearly Ilford don't actually just guess when they make their recommendations, and this post was a dig at the 'Hipsters' congatuling themselves on having discovered this useful film washing regime.

Where are you located, by the way? I'm in Stornoway, Lewis, and we have a couple of other regular posters in the Highlands.
Cheers, Colin
Interesting, I used not long ago to live in Invergordon

Old 5th November 2019, 09:05 AM
Friend

Default Ah! The "Waterfall" guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
I’m proud to say Emulsive is the only site on the internet where I’ve been banned. Over-reacted to a hipster developing his first roll of HP5 and then proceeding to tell all the other hipsters all about its faults. Self-awareness isn’t a big thing for the Emulsive crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greetings. You weren't banned but you were asked to speak with respect, I believe.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more of your long exposure waterfalls soon!

[edited for context]

Film reviews, experiments, interviews and culture. It's about latitude & depth, not megapixels & actuations.

Last edited by emulsive; 5th November 2019 at 09:22 AM.
Old 5th November 2019, 12:28 PM
Friend

Just searched for emulsive using Silk browser on my Kindle and I got the first twenty results for Johnstones paint. Made the mistake of having a little giggle to which the wife enquired what was I amused by......now I have got the job of painting the front room. Bugger! Errr.... Yes it has been discussed before and ignored by me!
Old 5th November 2019, 12:29 PM
Friend

And they say there's no such thing as bad advertising....!
Old 5th November 2019, 07:52 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by emulsive View Post
Greetings. You weren't banned but you were asked to speak with respect, I believe.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more of your long exposure waterfalls soon!

[edited for context]
Just out of curiosity, who is responsible for checking the accuracy of articles published on the emulsive website?

I think forum conversations are different than websites that act like "publishers". So who's responsible for fact-checking the content and claims made by the authors?

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies