Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - Pinhole

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 29th January 2024, 04:28 PM
Friend

Default Reciprocity info

Hi

I've never been great at maths, so faced with working out f.138 I was a little wary. I've solved that and also the concept of Reciprocity Failure nd luckily I have the Exposure Assistant app to give me the necessary speed... however..... the list while extensive is not complete.

I wonder if anyone can has any idea about Ferranini P30 Reciprocity, of Lomography Potsdam 100 aqnd Berlin 400 or if anyone can head me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance
Old 29th January 2024, 11:05 PM
Friend

The film manufacturers usually publish information, commonly known as Data Sheets. These are available online, and include processing recommendations as well as info like reciprocity corrections. I haven’t used these films, but that is where I would start looking. I am sure there is also an App that gives data for a number of films. It’s called something like Reciprocity Calculator, or similar.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 30th January 2024, 12:07 AM
Friend

Joe it seems as if the manufacturer's information about P30 is very poor and I suspect there is no reciprocity information. I cannot say what's available on the other films you mention but what you need find out is what films these are.

Apart from P30 made to the original Ferrania specifications the others are not new films but simply new names for old films

Mike

These films other than P30 were not called by the names you have given and were not made by Berlin or Potsdam but were original rolls made other original film makers

I'd try and find out what these films were originally called and then try to find out the original makers instruction sheets
Old 30th January 2024, 11:00 AM
Friend

Thanks Alex... I have been looking at Data Sheets, but no luck with these. I have Exposure Assistant which lists many films. Reciprocity Calculator is n available for Android (of which I am)
Old 30th January 2024, 11:02 AM
Friend

It's strange Ferranini is so vague Mike. I would have thought that with the effort they are putting into their project that it would have been more complete.

(Mind you.. Kodak itself is rather vague about some of their films)

Thanks for the pointer re the two other films, I will see is I can find any info. If I do I will post that here for other users.

Thanks a million
Old 30th January 2024, 12:22 PM
Friend

I think you might just have to take some test shots Joe, with a few more exposures, basing them on more common films, whilst at the same time making a good set of notes.

Good luck with it all.

Terry S
Old 30th January 2024, 03:19 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeHogan View Post
It's strange Ferranini is so vague Mike. I would have thought that with the effort they are putting into their project that it would have been more complete.
There may be several reasons for this but one of them may be the fact that the "new" Ferrania was in effect a start-up company with few employees and is attempting to produce enough P30 and now another film which is genuinely orthochromatic

Other than testing that the film has no flaws and can be made in quantity Ferrania may not have the resources to establish other information such as reciprocity -at least not yet

Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies