Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 19th February 2012, 04:25 PM
Friend

Another joyful 3.5 hour darkroom session. Printing from 3 new negatives from the West Blean Wood series. 70 individual prints to date. Today I printed four from one negative and three from each of the other two negatives, plus 3 prints went into the waste bin. They are now drying between photographic blotters, tomorrow I'll replace the blotters and place the stack under weights for a few days.
"To the attentive eye, each moment of the year has its own beauty, and in the same field, it beholds, every hour, a picture which was never seen before, and which will never be seen again" Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Timespresent
Arenaphotographers
Old 21st February 2012, 09:46 AM
Friend

After some silly problems, I finally received yesterday my Fomabrom 111 paper, so I'm in the darkroom printing my print exchange. By now, I can't show you what I'm printing...

The D-163 home made developer and the fixer (powder, Tetenal) were prepared maybe two weeks ago thinking in this day.
Old 21st February 2012, 01:42 PM
Friend

I'm just having a lunch break from my morning printing session. Although I only managed to make 2 prints from the one neg I feel good about it and I'll head back up to my darkroom shortly for an afternoon session.

Vincent - Not afraid of the dark
Old 23rd February 2012, 03:21 AM
Friend

Printing for a project for which I need 10 prints (well, 11 - I made another to keep) all identical, or as close as I could. I did them 11x14. I don't have running water in my basement darkroom yet so I wash by successive soaks (per the Vortext article) - it works well but it's a pain for multiple prints. I've never done it with 11 11x14s plus three 8x10s at the same time before.

The water in my big seven gallon water container in the darkroom is also too cold in the winter (about 60F - space heater can warm up the area but that much liquid would take a long time) so I just brought them up to the bathroom to wash, and did the selenium toning there too while I was at it.

Here's one of the 11x14s in the selenium toner. The four spectral highlights are reflections of light bulbs over the sink.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PrintingNow_LowRes.jpg
Views:	491
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	1333  
Old 28th February 2012, 10:57 PM
Friend

its been one of them days put a roll of fr4 36exp in my nikon F2 with motordrive its a bit of a lump but it looks good and makes a nice noise and every body looks at you. well whent out and took some pics of a building they are going to knock down and build a block of flats on the land (dont ask)anyway having taken about 30 frames the drive decided to stop so being thick and not thinking I decided to wind the film on manually gave it a good old wind and ripped the film ,just then I realised I should have checked the number on the motor drive I did not put it to zero when I put the film in .
so tonight I took it out of my camera I have only lost about 6 frames I have just developed what is left of my film and it has come out ok I have the images I wanted so no harm done, I have recorded the before and I will have to wait for the after .anyway in the darkroom tomorrow to print them up
Old 18th March 2012, 03:54 AM
New User

What a lovely thread. These prints are all gorgeous. I'm just getting back in to the darkroom after a very long break, and as much as I am despairing about my initial prints, I know it is a matter of practice and (re)learning. It's inspirational seeing in to your darkrooms.

xxx Lou
Old 18th March 2012, 11:51 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Crone View Post
Another joyful 3.5 hour darkroom session. Printing from 3 new negatives from the West Blean Wood series. 70 individual prints to date. Today I printed four from one negative and three from each of the other two negatives, plus 3 prints went into the waste bin. They are now drying between photographic blotters, tomorrow I'll replace the blotters and place the stack under weights for a few days.
I can recomend Dave glass method of keeping print flat when drying it works realy well.

I use blotter behind the print to ade drying.

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 18th March 2012, 03:38 PM
Friend

Had a very enjoyable and relaxing 3 hours this morning in the darkroom, printed 2 classic car shots for members of my Classic vehicle club, and 2 more of my coastal series, now they are hanging pegged back to back drying, then to make my day perfect I got to the coast and took some more to print next time, one of the joys of living on a small Island is the coast is just twenty minutes away.
Richard
Old 19th March 2012, 10:43 AM
Friend

Smile RA4 printing

I've managed to crack RA4 printing over the week-end!!!!!!!
I will shortly be posting a print of an Amyrillus (Is that how you spell it?)
when I can get round to scanning it. Although the print has little artistic merit the quality of the colour is superb!! and the quality from the RB67/127mm K lens is beautiful.
Old 31st March 2012, 11:51 PM
Friend

Had a successful night in the darkroom after the last session turned into a frustrating night of enlarger testing.

Little print, large print.
I first got the 8x10 how I wanted it and then printed the 16x20 using the auto-focus and integrated exposure timer.

It's an amazing piece of kit. A delight to use and saves both paper and time. Initially I was a bit sceptical about its claims but I'm very impressed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lighthouse2.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	1342  

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies