Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 12th June 2020, 12:51 PM
Friend

Red face Thank you!

A very belated *Thank you* for the warm welcome I received in this group. I'm quite embarrassed that I have not logged in previously to thank you.

I have made some progress, more purchases than practice, unfortunately. I found a Toyo 45G 4x5 monorail on sale for 4,000 yen and an unnamed wooden half-plate field camera for 2,000 yen. (30 and 15 GBP respectively). I also purchased a 20th Century Camera developing reel for 5x7 and a Stearman Press SP810 for developing 4x5/5x7/8x10. The latter works like a daylight version of the "slosher tray" that Martin Aislabie mentioned in his post.

Have exposed some 4x5 negatives. Not developed them yet. I plan on modifying my two latest cameras to accept 5x7 -- like my original LF camera -- the Burke & James.
Old 12th June 2020, 04:18 PM
Friend

Glad to see you back so to speak, Tom. Nearly all my prints are 5x7 but in my case I need an enlarger

Mike
Old 20th June 2020, 03:13 PM
Friend

Welcome Tom

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies