Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 10th March 2009, 10:49 AM
Friend

Default Greetings from Lancashire

Good morning all. There a quite a few names here that I recognise from other places on the old interweb.
My name is Lee Turner and I'm currently living in Rossendale, Lancashire - a dark satanic mills type of place with the incongruity of having an artificial ski slope for the past 30+ years.

I started again with photography around 10 years ago when visiting interesting places around the world under the guise of being a professional musician. With the help of several people who are now members of this forum I started to develop my darkroom skills around 5 years ago and now optimistically class myself as an advanced novice. My cameras range from 35mm through to LF and I have a relatively usable darkroom.

Unfortunately for the past year or so I've had to take a hiatus from photography. I tend to spend a few days a week in London as part of the job and the weekend is taken up by 8 and 10 year old daughters.

Anyway enough of the waffle. It's time to dust off the gear (and the cameras) and get cracking again. A few major changes and landmarks are causing a rethink of my leisure time - on Friday 13th this week I hit 50 years old and my company is in the process of making major redundancies. It's time to re-balance my life and slow down a bit. I find photography the perfect vehicle for this. A lot of the enjoyment comes from the comtemplative times spent walking and then waiting for a good photograph and the mind is kept active by technical bits.

I hope to make this a regular, though less winded, visit and appreciate the time you have taken to set this forum up.

Regards

Lee Turner
Old 10th March 2009, 11:45 AM
Friend

Hi Lee and welcome. I hope this site helps the process of slowing down. I totally agree with you in that photography is the perfect vehicle for a re-balance on life. The idea of re-focusing is a useful analogy.
"To the attentive eye, each moment of the year has its own beauty, and in the same field, it beholds, every hour, a picture which was never seen before, and which will never be seen again" Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Timespresent
Arenaphotographers
Old 10th March 2009, 11:49 AM
Friend

Hi Lee and welcome. I know Rossendale - I grew up in Bury...
Look forward to hearing of your progress and seeing some images.
Peter
Old 10th March 2009, 11:58 AM
Friend

Hi Lee, welcome to FADU, enjoy the slowing down and the renewed interest in photography. Will you make it to the forthcoming FADU weekend in the Lake District?
Old 10th March 2009, 12:08 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les McLean View Post
Hi Lee, welcome to FADU, enjoy the slowing down and the renewed interest in photography. Will you make it to the forthcoming FADU weekend in the Lake District?
Thank you all for the welcome. Les, I'd love to make it but will have to see if I'm going to be a victim of the company restructuring! I'll know by the end of the month.
Old 10th March 2009, 12:10 PM
Friend

Hi Lee and warm welcome to fadu, From Jersey, Photography can be a gret way to slow down, Richard
Old 10th March 2009, 04:40 PM
Friend

Hi Lee and welcome to FADU. 50 is a good time to look at things and to make some adjustments to one's lifestyle. Photography will help I am sure and you will find plenty of like-minded folks here to share it with :-) Best of luck with the restructuring and I hope it works your way.

Neil

Neil Souch
Old 10th March 2009, 06:40 PM
Administrator

Welcome aboard Lee.

Ah, fifty... I remember 50 as if it was only a couple of years ago!

Oh, hang on... It was a couple of years ago... Sorry: it's started again...

Have fun, Bob.
Old 10th March 2009, 07:19 PM
Administrator

Welcome Lee, have fun here.
Old 10th March 2009, 07:51 PM
Friend

Hi Lee

You can stop dusting now I can't see the screen.

Good luck with the future.

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies