Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 13th October 2020, 04:27 PM
Friend

Default The varying stats within print exchanges over the years.

Being one who enjoys looking and working with numbers (maybe I should have been an accountant or such like?) I've recently looked over the print exchange statistics, over the years.

With the first exchange being in December 2008, with six pictures loaded up to the site, even the lowest viewed picture had 2,903 views, with the most viewed being 5,006 times. Not that's impressive all round!

Ten rounds in, during September 2009, the average amount of views was close to 3,000 with a top figure of 3,439 views.

I could quote a lot more stats, but I won't. But jumping forward to the latest round that has finished, being September 2020, the low and high amount of views are 68 and 140 - quite a big difference, when compared to the above figures!

I imagine a lot of members who entered and / or viewed the initial exchanges, have either ceased to be members or just given up participating.

I've also made a recent comment about how good it would be to see more members of this forum joining in with these exchanges, to which I received a few responses from other members. I know that it is not obligatory to participate, in either the exchange itself, or even just viewing the pictures that have been exchanged. I just feel that the occasional poke, with a message such as this, might just prompt one new member to have a go at printing something up to send, or even get a few more people to view the work that has been uploaded.

I know that there are a lot of active members out there, as the stats for some of the subjects raised, very quickly notch up views into the thousands.

So, until the next time / poke, have a think about it. We're not a bad bunch and any work that you decide to print and send, is always gratefully received.

You also, get your name etched in the digital world of the FADU print exchange and will hopefully get some lovely comments, which always cheers me up for the day when I receive one!

Make my day and think about sending a print. If not, maybe up the stats a little by just having a look at some of the work uploaded to the most current and maybe even older exchange galleries.

Go on, it only takes a second or two.

Terry S

Last edited by Terry S; 13th October 2020 at 04:32 PM.
Old 13th October 2020, 05:40 PM
Friend

As soon as I have a darkroom again I will be in

David
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies